Pass signal garage door opener

KanjiBusa

Seizures Suck!
Donating Member
Registered
I am about to wire my GD opener to my passing signal on my bike....if this is a bad idea seeing i think 12V is running through my wires...will this fry my 3V opener?

Do a search on it . I think that icemann did the mod where he showed how to use your door opener on the bike by wiring a switch to it and mounting it on the dash. Also do a search on e-bay there's a product that uses your Hi beam to do it and it has gotten good reveiws.

wow I amaze myself...I didnt hook it to the pass beam switch cause it kept connecting somewhere...so i looked over the insides of the switches on the handle bar and noticed a very conveinent metal plate that is used for the signals...i wired around a screw and put a connector down where the metal plate pushes back to when you turn the signals off...then i wrapped a wire around the screw holding on this turn signal plate and vohlah.....when you push the signal button like you would to turn them off...it connects the two wires and completes the circut...and you dont have to worry about a 12V battery ruining your day....all custom..by JEREMY!! YEAH!! I am excited...made my mom mad because i kept pushing it not believeing it was working...she didnt like how the garage door kept going up and down...:-D TE HEHEHE:p

<!--EDIT|Deaglemaster
Reason for Edit: "lot of typos...to excited"|1146204082 -->

Ok...ill take some pics tomorrow morning....FYI It is ghetto rigged right now..didnt have the proper tools...like a fish eye wire clip.that would have helped..and a few other things..but once you see the pictures you will get where I was going....and think...THATS A GREAT IDEA!!! and come up with your own methods...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Get us pics and some one may have something laying around to clean it up if it to rough for ya. Great idea dude.

Did this mod not long ago, hooked my Garage Door Opener (GDO) to Passing Light switch using existing switch wairing. Only downside of doing it this way is GDO battery drain while using High Beams (unless you have 12V unit).
Since my next mod will be HID Kit, I'm not worried about riding on High Beams no more.

You will need Remote Garage Door Opener (i purchased mine a while ago, finally found good use for it).
1.jpg

Pop the cover off your remote control unit and locate the button you would like to control. You could do multiple buttons if you needed to, however you'd need a different switch than what I used. You should be able to figure out where to solder the wires to by looking at the greenboard.
2.jpg

Since I decided to use my Passing Light button, I needed to get small 12v relay switch to controll my GDO.
Switch has 5 connectors, simply connect power source cable + and - to coil terminals and wire your remote opener in "always closed" position according to the relay diagram.
3.jpg

4.jpg

I used left top row (negative) and middle 2nd row (pass light switch) connectors to wire my opener.
5a.jpg

6.jpg

Mounted under top left cover with 2sticky side tape. All left to do is push that yellow button.
7.jpg

Back