PAIR Vlave Mod

loboboy

Donating Member
Registered
Hey I wanted to post this and see what some of the other tuners think. I have heard and I was thinking of reinstalling the pair valve system and using it as a crank case vaccum pump. I have heard that this mod will yield good HP numbers by relieving the crankcase pressure's.
Only thing is you need to make sure that if you do this mod you need to undo it while tuning on the dyno, then once you get it tuned then hook it up since it will throw off the O2 sensore by getting oil fumes into the exhaust.

Basically you connect the large tube from the pair vlave to the crank case breather tube and then plug the airbox ports off. If anyone has ever tried this with good results post up here and if not I may do this mod and dyno back to back with the results.

You're kidding, right? The "mod" you are talking about has been done for at least seven years, and will net you 2-3 RWHP on the dyno. Be sure to replace the main (stock) hose with a stronger hose (like a large fuel line), as the stock thin hose will collapse under vacuum. Also, some owners have reported oil pressure issues allegedly due to this mod, with their oil light going on at idle. Make sure your bike idles at no less than 1,100 rpm.
computer.gif

crankcase scavenging has been done for 30 or more years in the racing world.... is not a good idea on a street motor for a few reasons..

Sweet, thanks for the info guys, I was really looking for this kind of infromation before I tried it.

Back