PAIR Mod Complete!

Blitz2120

Registered
Welp, it's official. I tore into the bike this afternoon and did the PAIR removal mod.

DSCF3141.jpg

I removed all the bolts on both sides of the bike so I could remove the side fairings...

DSCF3142.jpg

ALWAYS... Be sure to stay organized and neat! ;)

DSCF3143.jpg

Fairings off! First time since I've had the bike! :laugh:

DSCF3144.jpg

Again...Stay neat & tidy, it makes it so much easier with little to no effort...

DSCF3145.jpg

Capped the airbox inlet with a bolt (supplied in the kit) and removed the hose.

DSCF3146.jpg

Upon proping the tank up and checking out the airbox, I discovered the previous owner installed a Hi-Flow K&N filter! Thing was clean as a whistle too! :cheerleader:

DSCF3148.jpg

The next mod is to get some shorter stacks in there...

DSCF3149.jpg

Loosened the clamps hold the airbox to the throttle bodies...

DSCF3150.jpg

Yep, it's lunch time!

DSCF3151.jpg

Here you can see the #4 throttle body having the PAIR valve inlet tube going into it...

DSCF3153.jpg

Pull that off and cap it! :thumbsup:

DSCF3154.jpg

Removing the metal tubes above the exhaust...

DSCF3156.jpg

As you can see the PAIR valve assembly will be a b*tch getting out of there; very little room to maneuver in there!

DSCF3157.jpg

With a bit of tossing & turning and a lot of cussing it came out finally without the removal of any other components! F You PAIR F You!

DSCF3158.jpg

Opened up some space in there alright! Lookin' good! :thumbsup:

DSCF3159.jpg

Now I installed the gaskets and block-off plates...

DSCF3160.jpg

And put her all back together! Started right up and went out for a spin! :cheerleader:

DSCF3161.jpg

DSCF3162.jpg

Felt good and seemed a tad louder on the exhaust side; maybe it's just me. Overall response felt smoother which made me feel good! Save 2.5lbs too! :rofl:

Thought I'd share!

Thanks again IRDIVER for the PAIR kit at a great price! You gave me something to do this Sunday on a budget! Kudos again man! ;)

What website did you get the PAIR kit from? Would I have to do any tuning changes to the bike after this mod? I have a power commander pc3 w/ a custom tune and a full micron exhaust.

Opened up some space in there alright! Lookin' good! :thumbsup:

DSCF3159.jpg

Now I installed the gaskets and block-off plates...

DSCF3160.jpg

And put her all back together! Started right up and went out for a spin! :cheerleader:

DSCF3161.jpg

DSCF3162.jpg

Felt good and seemed a tad louder on the exhaust side; maybe it's just me. Overall response felt smoother which made me feel good! Save 2.5lbs too! :rofl:

Thought I'd share!

It saves a lb or two, but does not change the way the bike runs or sounds.

The 'marble mod' eliminates any backfiring, if that was your reason for removing the pair valve system.

What website did you get the PAIR kit from? Would I have to do any tuning changes to the bike after this mod? I have a power commander pc3 w/ a custom tune and a full micron exhaust.

I bought the PAIR kit off of IRDIVER on these forums, I want to say it's a Brock's kit or something very similar, came with EVERYTHING I needed. A re-tuning or remapping would not be necessary as this mod only eliminates the emissions "control" on a OEM bike and saves a lb or two like BA Busa stated. I dug into really because it was something that would give me an excuse to tear into the bike on a budget and eliminates some unnecessary components bolted on...

Back