Painted Inners

busa_boy_69

Registered
Hey fellas heres the situation. I have always wanted my inners painted cuz I love the look. Well now is the perfect time. I have the bike tore all apart because its winter and I had a list of goodies I wanted to put on her. However I do not know anywhere to have it done or send them out to. Could some of you that have experience with this please point me in the right direction? I want someone that will do a VERY good job cuz the color match and design pattern flow is very important to me. Thanks in advance for your help guys.

BB69

i know a guy that bought from somewhere in flordia and the pattern didnt line up all that good ,so i took my bike to a local painter left my bike there and was very please with the finish product. he even made my inners smooth . so my advice is take it to a well trusted painter

DSC03322.JPG

i know a guy that bought from somewhere in flordia and the pattern didnt line up all that good ,so i took my bike to a local painter left my bike there and was very please with the finish product. he even made my inners smooth . so my advice is take it to a well trusted painter
Looks good. Have you taken them out since they were painted. I'm wondering how the paint holds up when they are twisted and bent a little.

those painted inners look killer--what would some one expect to pay for work like that? (i have never had paint work done on anything )

yes they came off a few times no cracking
if they are done properly and the right amount of flex agent is used,they should be fine for years. I did my own. Some said the agent isn't nessecary. Some said to sand them smooth.Some said to just use build primer.Some said...blah blah blah

after a few months they started to crack :angry:should have used the flex.

adhesion promotor is a good idea too.

I want someone that will do a VERY good job cuz the color match and design pattern flow is very important to me.

BB69
take yer whole bike to a pro. I'm guessing there is a chance for match up probs(the lines), if a painter dosent put the marks on himself.Some shops(or the paint seller) also have a neat little unit that can match color perfectly,even if it has faded. I used to take in the gas cap door off a car,if I was trying to match. You know, if I was only painting a quarter panel or a door,etc.

just a guess.

I want someone that will do a VERY good job cuz the color match and design pattern flow is very important to me.  

BB69
take yer whole bike to a pro.  I'm guessing there is a chance for match up probs(the lines), if a painter dosent put the marks on himself.Some shops(or the paint seller) also have a neat little unit that can match color perfectly,even if it has faded. I used to take in the gas cap door off a car,if I was trying to match. You know, if I was only painting a quarter panel or a door,etc.

just a guess.
rubber is correct u should leave ur bike to make sure painter lines it up good

Back