Painted inner panels

racersir

Registered
I'm just wondering has anyone here done this? I saw the pictures on the their web site painted inner panels but I'm not sure. Has anyone here done this Mod? I heard somewhere that the paint would crack so that's what making me unsure about this. Anyone?

<!--EDIT|racersir
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116245174 -->

I do inners in my shop, there alot of work, sanding takes about an hour and then I use a 3 stage paint, mine shown are in a Candy Black with House of Colors Red Metalflake. I have done a few sets for some brothers on the board. Im completely repainting my Busa with a custom color, so here is a pic of the new inners going on in a few days.....let me know if we can be of service..laters
beerchug.gif

P5150103.JPG

I do inners in my shop, there alot of work, sanding takes about an hour and then I use a 3 stage paint, mine shown are in a Candy Black with House of Colors Red Metalflake. I have done a few sets for some brothers on the board. Im completely repainting my Busa with a custom color, so here is a pic of the new inners going on in a few days.....let me know if we can be of service..laters
beerchug.gif

What about the cracking will them panels crack? how much it will be for painting them to match the pattern of my 05 Black and grey Busa?

<!--EDIT|racersir
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116259987 -->

Racersir,
I had mine painted by RaceReady and I am happy with them in that I got what I expected. The paint is relatively thin, and the panels weren't smoothed out prior to painting so....bottom line is that I got what I paid for. Creekboys look great and if I were going to show my bike, I would probably ask him to redo them. Here are a couple of pics as they were painted

inners2.jpg

I think they look good when they are done properly. Creekboy's look real good. VABusa had hers done at RaceReady also and is satisfied.

They use a flex agent in the paint to keep it from cracking....you still have to be careful with them
wink.gif

I think they look good when they are done properly.  Creekboy's look real good.  VABusa had hers done at RaceReady also and is satisfied.
Yeah, for the money, I'm satisfied with Race Ready's work...I opted for the rough surface and so far, so good...no problems...
smile.gif

Now, Creekboy's are nice!!!
cool.gif

They can be done by the do it yourselfer also.

Prep is the key. Sanding them smooth then use a filler primer to fill minor imperfections. Bull Dog plastic adhesive promoter makes the primer stick to the plastic and allow flex.

Colorite has all factory oem paints for the Busa also. Just make sure to test paint coats to get the right color match.

A quality job can be done from spray cans for around $60

Sep20006.JPG

How much does Race Ready a$k for doing this?

Too bad their website doesn't work, cause they'd get some money from me to paint my inners for my 05'.

I just checked his website, www.raceready.us - works fine. Also, he's updated his website and appearantly he is expanding the biz.

Strange, for some reason using my Mozilla web browser I only see programming text mumbo jumbo on his site. But I just tried with Windows Explorer, and yes that is a fine girl on that bike. I would let her put snail trails on my Busa's seat any day!

Nice work CB
super.gif

Did my own as well. The prep work will make or break the finished end result (adhesion coat,primer coat ,base coat and clear coat) . As far as using flex additive I didnt add any to mine. To avoid twisting (flexing) of the inner when removing just file down on the nipple on the underside of inner that get inserted into the frame or apply an lubricant for easy removal.

Along with a custom speaker cutout I did too.
cool.gif

DSC01569.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back