Paint

war69

Registered
After a road trip I got the bike back in the garage and noticed white paint splater all over it. I keep the bike very well waxed but I cant seem to get the paint off. Ive tried a mild paint thinner and goo gone but no luck. Any suggestions would be great guys. I even tried to buff it out with Meguiars 105 ultra cut.

a little gasoline took some latex based off my truck where a buddy brushed up against it whil repainting his kitchen...
kerosine maybe?
any idea what kind of paint it is?

You could wet sand it. 2000 grit sand paper, then rubbing compound then swirl remover.

Here is my front fender after removing overspray from spray paint.

Sent from my... that's not important, using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1301589160839.jpg

Before you do anything drastic, call your local body shop supply store and find out if they have SEM SOLVE. This stuff is amazing. Removes overspray and a million other things without damaging good, cured paint. A drop or two also works amazingly well for removing glued on hand grips. A quart will last you years. I love this stuff.

Here's a link......
SEM Products - Catalog - SEM SOLVE

Guys, I have used SEM SOLVE even on some very old paint overspray. This IS the right product to use. This is the first and best route to go BEFORE scraping, sanding, polishing, kerosine, paint thinner!!, whatever. It will even remove overspray on rubber parts. It's a little hard to find, but well worth it. IMNSHO. Seriously, it's worth calling around to find. I even use it when repainting parts as the last wipedown after sanding.

You might get a work out with your arm but with the sem product you should be happy with the results...the over spray or any other stuff sticking to your part should come off. Use a dish soap or strong soap and wash the area prior to using the sem stuff...it will prevent grinding in road dust / debris into the clear coat.

good advice to keep in mind for future applications... sem solve...hope i never need it, but nice to be in the know:thumbsup:

I agree.. Good luck to you.. I had that road paint on my car and I never got it off.. It was a saturn so I didnt really care..
hahahahahaha

yea i had to use sem on my harley once for floating rattle can paint. it was just barely a little windy and i was spraying the frame of a 4wheeler, got on the front fender of harley but sem took it off.

Just an update. I got the sem solve and after 30 min of rubbing it hasnt moved. Im thinking i may have to do the wet sand. grrrr

Update two. Magic eraser took them off. Lots of rubbing but they came off. Who would of thought.

Just an update. I got the sem solve and after 30 min of rubbing it hasnt moved. Im thinking i may have to do the wet sand. grrrr
Wow! That's a first. Sorry I steered you wrong Warbird. I have had such great luck with SEM SOLVE that I never hesitate to recommend it. Hopefully you didn't spend too much and I'm sure you will find other good uses for the stuff.

Glad you finally did get the paint off! :beerchug:

Back