Packed for 2 weeks, what it looks like!

Have a good trip Brother, we'll see you in July but dump the extra bag for a pair of saddles.....looks to me like there's a lot of stress on that material in back....... :oldcool: Sagging, and bouncing it's gonna get loose on you......NO BUENO.....

Actually, it's deceiving, the rear just has clothes in it...pretty lite and the UnderArmor bag has a big bike cover, the hump and other stuff that is way less than a passenger in weight. Plus it does great 6th gear wheelies now!

Hey, THIS IS MY TWO THOUSANDTH POST! Pedestrian for you true vets but a milestone 4 me! Doyle

I certainly didn't pack as efficiently as I could have, but this is what I did for a 4 day extended weekend. My Dad and I took off on a Friday and came back on a Monday. We rode from St. Louis, MO to Broken Bow, Oklahoma.

IMG_4438.jpg

Looks like your all squared away there Doyle, have a great trip, sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun. Dang! that's one sweet Busa, even with all the luggage, one of a kind.:thumbsup:

Nice man that'll be great last long ride I took was east across through the salt flats over to wyoming from california for the heck of it. No maps though I kinda winged it so to speak. Nice gps. (I coulda used that when I was out and almost ran out of gas in the dessert.):thumbsup:

You know, I looked up the Definition of MAN on the Internet...............Low and Behold There Was a Picture of Doyle....:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Much Respect and Admiration Doyle. You are THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm diggin' that Ventura setup man. Have fun, ride safe, and look forward to those pics. :thumbsup:

D

be safe, have fun. :beerchug:
how about some bage on the front to balance the bike out? :rofl: :rofl:

UPDATE!
First, thank you all for the well wishes for my journey.
Since I've received a couple of PM's from friends and the friendly "it looks like you've brought the kitchen sink" posts, after work today I'm going to remove everything and see if I can repack it all into the UnderArmor bag.
This isn't about my ego, it's about experimenting, using the input from my Busa bros to travel as efficiently as possible. I've never been on the road this long (except in a motorhome!) on 2 wheels so what I do now largely determines the comfort, safety and convienence experienced on the road. Anyways, I'll post up the results tonight before tomorrows departure!
Keep the faith, Doyle

Doyle...very much looking forward to welcoming you (back) to San Diego.

Travel safe and keep me looped in as you move about.

:beerchug:

that is a nice scoot you have there and the fastest color combo ever. you don't see it around like the other color like silver, orange, black, blue etc. this color is just for special people like you and I :whistle:

The old addage goes something like this:

"Pack half as much stuff as you think you'll need and take twice as much money to buy anything that you find you actually do need". Keeps the cargo down and you usually find that you didn't actually need most of the stuff that you left at home.

Best of luck with your adventure. Sounds like a good trip to have an opportunity to take.

Back