Pacific Northwest

when do you think your insurance is gonna pay up? Hopefully you will be back on a bike soon, the weather should start getting nicer.

Frisbee I did that mod for the chatterbox so it would mount up front on the stem mount you told me about, came out good, just need to paint it now.

Thanks for the advice. Will take a photo when done

when do you think your insurance is gonna pay up? Hopefully you will be back on a bike soon, the weather should start getting nicer.
my adjuster called the other day and I have to call him back today. The bike was stolen on the 18th of March and they have to wait 30 days. Then an adjuster will file the claim or what ever and from there, they will decide what to settle for.

Hopefully, it will be more money to put down on a bike...since I have a couple of G's lined up already...

my adjuster called the other day and I have to call him back today. The bike was stolen on the 18th of March and they have to wait 30 days. Then an adjuster will file the claim or what ever and from there, they will decide what to settle for.

Hopefully, it will be more money to put down on a bike...since I have a couple of G's lined up already...
Hello Rex. I ran into Marcus. He rides an older zx9 I think he's in your group. Kent area.

Hi All,

Chris, here is the information. Frisbee, a rider I met specifically asked me to make sure you appeared on Saturday so be there! The information for all is as follows:

Next Saturday (4/22) is the nwbikers & Vtxoa
Leveanworht 3 pass blast. The weather is promising high 50s to low 60s and sun. The passes should be clear from last weekends (we hope) winter blast.

Departure time is 10 am from Monroe Buzz Inn. A map to the buzz inn can be found on the following site:

http://www.nwbikers.com/WRD_NWBikers3PassBlast.html

I rode until 1:15 a.m. on Friday night and got dragged into Cowgirls Up for an education. The bouncer was motorcycle friendly and let us in without paying the cover charge. Riding around that area at night was unbelievably challenging for me, but I made it. Whew!

I (and 6 others) also followed Neeley's dad and his cop friend on a 2000cc bike through the nastiest weather last Friday from 9-5 p.m.

After all that, I'm looking forward to a warm, easier ride this Saturday. Hope to see you all!

PS Keep you calendars cleared for the PacWest Sportbike Ride and BBQ on Sunday, June 4th. Neeley will be manning one of the groups. I will have tickets to sell soon. $10 - Donations will be going to a nonprofit group.

so the sv is gone gut I am looking at the 2006 or 2006 cbr 1000rr
mad.gif
mad.gif
any one know anyone with one and what do they think of it

mad.gif

Hey, what's up everybody. I hope you don't mind me interrupting your topic here, but I posted in another forum () and I was told that perhaps I should ask here to get exposed to a larger audience.

I was just wondering if anybody could suggest a good shop for me to get some work done. I'm not a real gearhead so I don't trust myself to do my own work (and get it right ;), because of that I would like your opinions on a good trustworthy place to get some work done. I want to be confident that they're going to do a good job and not try to rip me off. Anybody know a place like that? :)

I'm in Tukwila (pretty close to RMC, but I've heard less-than-stellar reports about them - perhaps I could get your opinions?) and I'd prefer a nice independant shop. The cheaper the better, but I believe in "you get what you pay for" so if the work is worth a little extra, then I'm definitely OK with that. A little bit of a drive doesn't bother me either, currently I drive to Issaquah to get maintenance done on my car :)

If anybody has any suggestions for me, I'd love to hear them!

PS  Keep you calendars cleared for the PacWest Sportbike Ride and BBQ on Sunday, June 4th.  Neeley will be manning one of the groups.  I will have tickets to sell soon.  $10 - Donations will be going to a nonprofit group.
I'll likely be on that ride.

How many bikes and what kind are going on that 3 pass blast this Saturday? How much is it?

I cannot say those roads look particular interesting but it might be fun if its a bunch of rockets on the ride.

I can usually weasle a day off when I want.

DCLXVII, give Adrian a call ..
http://shinysideupmotorcycleservice.com

He knows is stuff and comes highly recommended by many.

rc51_guy, you dont have an RC51?
Go with that new 06' 1000RR in yellow and blue if you want to make me jealous at all.
smile.gif
yes I do still have the rc51 but I think a inline 4 would be fun also.... it would be cool to have the respol cbr then I would have 2 nicky hayden bikes a set if you will
drinka.gif
super.gif

Do it, but I doubt youll grab for the RC51 keys very often if you get a 1000RR. Its got all the torque of the RC and the top end that will spank the RC51 .

Hi All,

Chris, here is the information.  Frisbee, a rider I met specifically asked me to make sure you appeared on Saturday so be there!  The information for all is as follows:

Next Saturday (4/22) is the nwbikers & Vtxoa
Leveanworht 3 pass blast. The weather is promising high 50s to low 60s and sun. The passes should be clear from last weekends (we hope) winter blast.

Departure time is 10 am from Monroe Buzz Inn. A map to the buzz inn can be found on the following site:

http://www.nwbikers.com/WRD_NWBikers3PassBlast.html

I rode until 1:15 a.m. on Friday night and got dragged into Cowgirls Up for an education.  The bouncer was motorcycle friendly and let us in without paying the cover charge.  Riding around that area at night was unbelievably challenging for me, but I made it.  Whew!

I (and 6 others) also followed Neeley's dad and his cop friend on a 2000cc bike through the nastiest weather last Friday from 9-5 p.m.  

After all that, I'm looking forward to a warm, easier ride this Saturday.  Hope to see you all!

PS  Keep you calendars cleared for the PacWest Sportbike Ride and BBQ on Sunday, June 4th.  Neeley will be manning one of the groups.  I will have tickets to sell soon.  $10 - Donations will be going to a nonprofit group.
Who ever is asking for me will have to be on the June 4th ride . I have to work this Sat. . Wish I could but i'm commited and can't get out of it . Who is it?

Okay who has installed the speedohealer? Just got it in the mail today and I know I need to adjust it to 8.5% off. Looking at the instruction I do not see anything for 8.5% should I use .085? I think thats an option just not that straight forward.

Here you go - these are the instructions I have. I didn't do it myself but maybe it will help you?
rock.gif

Speed-O-Healer

Sample Setup!

SH Calibration Value to be stored: -12.6%
SH Conversion mode Value to be stored: O.

- the ignition must be OFF
- set ALL SH switches ON
- turn ON the ignition
- press the button => memory cleared

- set ALL switches OFF EXCEPT #4 Tens of MPH each button press
- press the button 1 time

- set #5 switch ON One MPH each button press
- set #4 switch off
- press the button 2 times

- set #6 switch ON Tenths of MPH each button press
- set #5 switch OFF
- press the button 6 times

- set #6 switch OFF => all data stored in Flash.

If you wish to modify a previous set-up and change only one parameter (e.g. -8.4% => -8.5 %,) you don’t need to issue a reset. To speed up the process, just change that one parameter only.

Busa: 43 tooth sprocket set to 12.6%

Switch
1. Test Mode On/Off Change the emitted frequency (X2, in ten steps)
2. Set the conversion mode value 0 – No conversion
1. – miles --> kilometers
2. – Kilometers --> Miles
3. Set the sign of calibration value 0. –
1. +
4. Number of tenths in calibration value 0 – 9
5. Number of ones in calibration value 0 – 9
6. Number of tenths in calibration value 0 – 9

With all switches in on position, push button one time to reset all settings to zero, start over!

I didn't set it myself so I don't know what he used. I could find out for you. I just thought the info I had may help you.

Well thanks for the info I will be giving it a try this weekend, I have a GPS so I will set and go for a spin.

I think MJN set his, not sure. Who set yours?

Back