Pacific Northwest

Stumbled upon an article in Fine Homebuilding on “Conditioning an Attached Garage.” Obviously a Hayabusa enthusiast.

Forecast showing that we may get a white Christmas here in VC, WA. I hope I get my quick shifter...

I still want:

MVC-017S-M.jpg

Thinking about a catalytic propane heater for the garage. Any suggestions?

That one says it needs to be in a vented area.
And 290 square feet is roughly a 1 1/2 car garage.
I have a 400 square foot 2 car garage, with insulated doors.
I use a small electric heater, on top of an old metal milkcrate, lol, to get it up off of the floor, otherwise it doesn't heat as well.
Even when it's freezing outside, my garage doesn't get below 50°f, and the heater warms it into the 70's, I have to turn it down or off sometimes it gets so warm in there.
I paid around $100-$120 for it about 5-6 years ago at Home Depot, and it's worth it's weight in gold.

Screenshot_20211222-204111_Gallery.jpg

Thinking about a catalytic propane heater for the garage. Any suggestions?

Depending on your financial situation you could get a forced air propane ceiling mounted heater put in....it has a thermostat and would work great....

I followed @sixpack577 's route and use a ceramic electric heater in mine with a thermostat....it works great as well but my garage isn't real big although the ceiling is 12'

Depending on your financial situation you could get a forced air propane ceiling mounted heater put in....it has a thermostat and would work great....

I followed @sixpack577 's route and use a ceramic electric heater in mine with a thermostat....it works great as well but my garage isn't real big although the ceiling is 12'

Only 8' ceilings in my garage Bumblebee.
So it's impressive to hear that your heater works well with such a high ceiling, and that I know you get much lower temperatures and for longer periods of time.

Only 8' ceilings in my garage Bumblebee.
So it's impressive to hear that your heater works well with such a high ceiling, and that I know you get much lower temperatures and for longer periods of time.
It works hard sometimes as I open the bay door to take out the snowblower....

I will be upgrading to a forced air system in the future I think.

Ordred one of these. We lose power one or twice a year. Without a fireplace the house gets pretty chilly. Oh, and I suppose I can run it in the garage the rest of the the time...

Back