overflow or breather leaking bad!!! PLEASE HELP

kandy_busa

Registered
hi guys fairly new to the org. been reading alot from it... this only my second post tho.
hopefully someone will be able to help me.
i have a 04 busa and been leaking fuel from one of those nozzles coming from the tank for awhile i just figured it was over filling
but recently it started leaking 5 times as much then previous and only has a quarter tank of gas in it.
i pulled the tank off and blew thru the nozzles with a hose and they sound clear with no restrictions.
the bike kinda of an airbox mod from previous owner. what i mean by kinda
is that the hose on right and left are disconnected and plugged
and the hose in the middle is still connected from airbox to the crankcase.
the pairvalve is still there as is the flapper (and working)
other then the airbox hoses being plugged and a pair of yoshi r22 slip ons the bikes motor is stock.
has anyone had a problem like this and if so what was the solution?
checked for crackes by the outlet nozzle on the tank and found none.
thx in advance guys.

sure i can take some pics not a problem. i have the tank off right now so should i take a pic of the nozzles
that i believe its leaking from?
also i should mention from the look of it when i removed the tank it drips down and runs to left ending up in my belly wing and dripping to the ground from there.
ill post some pics asap.

Now i cant figure out how to post the pics!!! Any help on posting pics from ipad would also be appreciated. Thx in advance.

ok i think i finally figured how to post pics... i put red arrows in at problematic area...then a arrow from leaking nozzle to the floor it the left nozzle leaking bad is this the breather or overflow?
and my quick fix would be to put a l shape fitting with a hose facing up instead of down. is this a good idea or would that a dumb idea with bad outcomes?
thx in advance!

2012-10-20 14.20.19.jpg

2012-10-20 14.20.36 (1).jpg

Back