Outbreak...Brown Shorts Syndrome~!~

When y'all say you want one of those 200mph plaques ?
Do all LSR events issue these or how are they produced ?
Are they official or just something a proud biker has made once he's crossed that line ?

At Maxton you actually have to set a record above the 200mph mark, not just do 200mph...which makes it a bit more difficult to obtain one.

I believe some of the other LSR events you only have to clear the 200mph mark

At Maxton you actually have to set a record above the 200mph mark, not just do 200mph...which makes it a bit more difficult to obtain one.

I believe some of the other LSR events you only have to clear the 200mph mark

Cool

Not anywhere near it but was just curious if all the sudden you became part of a natl group or something.
So does a 200mph from Maxton prove your 200 worthy nationwide or just a t your local track ?
KInda like college credits, does it transfer over...:laugh: ?

I don't have a back off button on my Busa, I only have a "Not Enough room in front of me, wrist.":laugh:
Me speed freaky
Bubba

Last edited:
I am not saying I am the most skilled or bravest guy out there, but after riding the last couple years, If I was at LSR with an adequete bike I would love to join the 250+ club. Had my zx12r past redline in 6th once racing a friends R1 and ever since then, I just have to say that life seems slow!!!

speed == money

if I had the money to spend on it, I'd probably start some of the LSR stuff, but then again crossing 185mph on the drag strip was good enough for me, so I just rip the busa open from time to time, generally let off around 120-140ish but mostly for fear of a ticket/jail time than the speed.

200mph award does sound nice though...would be a hellova conversation piece :whistle:

Cool

Not anywhere near it but was just curious if all the sudden you became part of a natl group or something.
So does a 200mph from Maxton prove your 200 worthy nationwide or just a t your local track ?
KInda like college credits, does it transfer over...:laugh: ?

As far as I know it's recognized at TX and everywhere east of TX. I'm not sure if the west recognizes your class A license (200mph) without proper qualifications or not...

Even in the East, some will want you to make at least one pass at a lesser speed first to get familiar with the track~!~

Fastest I've been is on a gs 750 in 1979. Would love to go 200 mph it just has a ring to in. Most probably crap myself though.

I'd like to get to 200mph .Fastest yet 116mph on a gs 750 in 1979.

Honestly, 200mph on a Busa doesn't feel that much faster than those old bikes did that shook you to death at 120mph back in 1979~!~ :laugh:

I have burried the needle all the way about 3 times now on my GEN I, both the Red 2000 and the Silver 03 just to be able to say "I did it". Not sure if I will on the 08 but maybe.
Up to about 140 or so everything kinda flows good... about 150 and up seems to me I get tunnel vision and sadly my brain wont stop thinking " Man I sure hope the tires or chain or something doesnt let go right now... " :shocked:

As far as I know it's recognized at TX and everywhere east of TX. I'm not sure if the west recognizes your class A license (200mph) without proper qualifications or not...

Even in the East, some will want you to make at least one pass at a lesser speed first to get familiar with the track~!~

You mention this license.
Do you have to have one to compete at Maxton ? Or is this what you get once you have officially gone 200 at a sanctioned event ?
The one here in Mia, you pay and play with minimum safety reqs.

ECTA has licenses for 125, 150, 175, 200, and 250 mph. You have to do somewhere close to each speed to progress to the next license. Not a big deal, as long as you don't blow away the 125 speed with a 145 run you can progress.

Can uaually do all your licensing runs by mid day first time down if things run smooth with no rain and you hot lap. I remember doing a 125 run and getting rained out the rest of the first day and had to finish licensing the next day.

Once you get a license for whatever speed you will be running you never have to do it again under normal circumstances.

I don't have a back off button on my Busa, I only have a "Not Enough room in front of me, wrist.":laugh:
Me speed freaky
Bubba

I am like you Bubba, I love speed. I have had fast cars every since i could drive. I had one of the first street cars to run in the 5's in the 1/8 mile. I had a Blown 572 cubic inch motor in a 1963 pro street nova and drove it on the street all the time. Yes i had a place i would go and run the Sh;; out of it. I just don't think i could go fast enough on my buss, Its just that the popo don't like it to much :rofl:. I don't need anymore tickets

it is very difficult and demanding to maintain a speed past 170 on a motorcycle. the busa gets to 170 pretty quikly but it eats up alot of road/sand flat getting to 180 let alone 200. possible of course but i will just stick to putt putt'n around town. one day i will get some antibiotics for my vagitis and hit the drag strip

I have run my previous bike off the clock many times (300+kph her in OZ) then it had an unfortunate at 190 and was destroyed - the new bike has only run up to 220kph so far but I am planning for a salt run next year (me and the bike wasnt ready this year in time) and hope to get close to the 200mph - would I run upto 250mph? absolutely; its purely a matter of funds for me - I dont have enough :(

Been a gps verified 173 several times but that hard right hand corner prevented me from giving it another gear. After a few times it got pretty comfortable.

How fast would I go? Honestly, 210. If I ever get there I'll tell you where I stopped!

Back