Our founding father's intentions

Sadly we need them today more than ever!

Thomas Jefferson (American 3rd US President (1801-09)

Our founding fathers were wiser far beyond their time, one would have to wonder who they would be and what they would be doing in our current economic and political conditions?

And not just our founding fathers:

John F. Kennedy: "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

George Orwell: "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there

This November is coming.....The Conservative Revolution has begun! America Rising 2010!....det45

I know you all have been reading my conservative views for a long time now but I believe in the American people and believe in redemption. I will be here after the elections willing to discuss the results in a fair and civil way no matter the direction the election goes. We are Americans and we will prevail!!!!......det45 (I always sign my threads and replys)

"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State." Thomas Jefferson.

Our founding fathers were wiser far beyond their time, one would have to wonder who they would be and what they would be doing in our current economic and political conditions?

Let's not forget... these men had the fortitude and conviction to do something considered "illegal" because they believed so very strongly in their ideals.

The fight for independence was, if you were British or of the British mindset, a criminal act. Had these men lost their fight, history would have a different spin with regard to what took place.

I'm not saying to go out and do something illegal but rather pointing to the level of their devotion to their fellow man and their forward thinking in how to form and run a nation.

It's amazing if you take a minute and consider the thoughts and ideas these men had way back then. They were visionaries to say the least. Really, just sit back and read some good, reliable history and be amazed.

Last edited:
It's amazing if you take a minute and consider the thoughts and ideas these men had way back then. They were visionaries to say the least. Really, just sit back and read some good, reliable history and be amazed.

i think that if more people read, became knowledgable about the founding fathers....they would understand so much more about what makes this country great.

instead they are "too busy" and let people with agenda's tell them about these great men, and this great country.

The victors write the history books...you are right, if the colonists had lost the 'insurrection', these men would have all been branded as criminals and traitors.

Back