ORG members please ………..prayer of strength for a friend

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
First, I must say that this organization is made up of some of the most knowledgeable and friendly people I have had the pleasure meeting in my life.
And I gauge this by the peers that I am fortunate enough to work and live with.
I have truly known some amazing and wonderful people in my time on this earth.

This thread is about one such person.

I just returned from a wonderful camping trip at the Kern River and was excited about posting up some pics this morning when I received an email informing me that a person I worked with had passed Monday.

This was shocking and it is with a heavy heart that I write this, but I feel the need to let it out and also share a little of him as a small tribute.

This man was truly a man of many aspects and interests. He had enjoyed sports when he was younger, rode motorcycles, skied, fished and pretty much all the good things in life one could do as a young man.

He also had a wild side as many of us do and outgrow.

But the man I knew was a professional in his career and had the respect of his colleagues in the field of engineering.
He was a hard working family man, and my mentor.
I was fortunate enough to have been handed his torch at his retirement party to carry on his position.
He enjoyed many hobbies including Bonsai tree growing.

But his true passion was boating and yacht racing.

After he retired, he did what most of us can only hope for – he did what he was passionate about.
He pretty much stayed on his boat all the time and went from the tip of Baja, all the way to Alaska and back while doing races and having the time of his life.
This was beyond doubt what he wanted to do, he did it with great zeal, and appreciation for the opportunities afforded him.
He was not just the owner of the company I worked for, a mentor, or just another engineer, he was also someone with down to earth qualities, which allowed anyone under his command to talk with him on an equal level as a friend.

I could go on for a long time, but I just want to ask the ORG to give strength to his family in their time of need.

His name was Tom and I considered him a friend.
This may be a good time to tell all of those around us how much we really appreciate them in our lives.

Thank you,
Bubba

May we all live such a rewarding life, and it sounds like he earned his good fortune. May you and his family have strength and revel in his memory.

Sorry for your loss Bubba... may we all live such a long meaningful life. :please:

I am so sorry for your loss :down: He was well-loved by many and your tribute to him is testament to what he meant to you...

Sorry for your loss, believe me Tom sounds the kinda guy that probably knew how you felt about him and what he had done in your life. Prayers sent.

Peace to his family, and peace to you, friend.

Be strong.

Back