Opinions

202mphbusa

Registered
Opinions on the Stutter
this is on low boost, On high this is much more violent and the "offs" are longer
Been happening for the last three Loring events
DOES not seem to do it "In Mexico" rewired the bike twice now thinking It was "shutting off"
A/F was not logged as I had a micro SD card issue but tune on low boost 10 PSI is in the 11.8-12.0 range with liquid air IC
Possible LOAD causing rich after holding WOT for a while

Nice run anyway but I don't have a clue. It's strange that it goes on and off like that. It seems like it could be related to the length of time you're at one one throttle position at a certain rpm....like something is building up until it reaches critical and then the motor cuts very briefly. I'm guessing lean maybe? If it was rich, it would just stay rich but if lean, the fuel might build up while the engine cuts out and then run normal for a second before it gets lean again. Just my guesses. Get 'er figured out.

Opinions on the Stutter
this is on low boost, On high this is much more violent and the "offs" are longer
Been happening for the last three Loring events
DOES not seem to do it "In Mexico"

What is the deal with it working in Mexico, or otherwise what are the quotes representing? (I am a bit dense so bear with me if this should be obvious.)

Inspect for newly developed cracks throughout the intake.

What is the deal with it working in Mexico, or otherwise what are the quotes representing? (I am a bit dense so bear with me if this should be obvious.)

Inspect for newly developed cracks throughout the intake.
When I do a test hit locally I do not want to admit where I am, In case I break any speed laws
Not that I would

cracks in the intake? I have no boost leaks, I have checked for that
she Builds more boost than I can currently use

I'd be looking at ignition, spark dropping out under high cylinder pressure .. Bad plug, bad coil sticks ? Resistance increases as cylinder pressures climb under boost (but you already know that) so it's a reasonable guess ...
I have a spare set of coil sticks if you want to try them ...

So this is going to sound dumb but I had a issue where the bike was cutting out at high load and rpms especially when running MR12 and my logged AFRs were reading fat when it mis-fired. Couldn't get it to act up on the dyno, chased it all over the place changed coils, plugs, injectors, air filter out or in, baffle in and out, etc. Then I happened to make quick run to the start line at Mojave then had to sit. I heard a slight whistling noise from my gas cap so I opened my fuel tank and it gulped for air. I gutted the vent system for the tank and that cured it.

Back