blackbird injectors !!!

kawaking

Registered
Hi guys ,

I wanted a little bit of extra safety so I can raise my boost 1 or 2 pounds !
so I bought blackbird injectors that are supose to flow a little bit more then stock !
to get the bike started I lowered the fuel pressure to about 32 psi !
drives nice and smooth under boost it's so rich that the wideband cant even keep up !
so then I backed off the bleeder screw a little the wot pressure is now around 60 psi !
still pretty rich !
does anybody have a basemap or some figures for me to work with ??

thx let me know your opinions guys !

I think I would find a guy that is good on the dyno with a good gas analyzer.. otherwise, keep the thing rich and cut back the fuel slowly... you only get 1 lean run and you get to put a round of slugs in the thing..

it is a very common mod how come nobody has a map!
Posted via Mobile Device
I have no idea how common it is but I can attest to how hard it is to get custom maps from people... say you have $300 in dyno time to get a custom map and now someone wants it for free...

On the other hand, I have seen guys work on their own maps over time to build a good baseline and more than happy to give it out..

Personally I would feel awful if I gave you a map, you installed it and then melted down a perfectly good motor..

A map is very dependant on fmu settings , 1/8 turn difference between the guy that supplied you the map and your fmu can be death to pistons.
there are lots out there with s2000 injectors but not as many use the blackbird injectors so it may be more difficult getting a starter map

Personally I would feel awful if I gave you a map, you installed it and then melted down a perfectly good motor..

Never could have spoken a truer statement...Your name would be mud on the net if you did...

I've heard good and bad from swapping injectors. Most common is the over rich condition. Also heard of problems with getting the tune right or lack of the ability to.

my blackbird is set at 45psi idle, and goes to 100 at wot. I'm trying to get the pressure down to 80 or so, but my pc3 is already set at +40 wot, and i'm not sure how much i can keep going up without injector lockup. i'm at 80% duty cycle now. 45psi idle gives me a 0 map at idle.
i'm running approx. 11.7 a/f wot now. I've tried finding s2000 injectors, but they r scarce, so it looks like im buying rc 440's. I don't know what my hp is, but im running 15lbs boost with 3 water/methanol injectors; one before the turbo inlet, and two before the intake. the motor is rebuilt with JE's, Falicon rods and Falicon clutch basket and 8.8 compression. It's geared like a busa and does 4th gear power wheelies. I don't know how your running 32psi at idle, as i would have to run +10 or more at idle. Just my story.
ive got an 02 busa street fighter that is gonna get my honda injectors when i turbo it soon.

Hey how much horsepower you have at 15lbs with the water methanol mix I have a busa with s2000 and had 20lbs boost with stage 1 turbo had 335 rwhp and I upgraded to bigger turbo getting ready to redyno hopefully I dont run out on the injectors trying for 385rwhp changing some fuel systems stuff though big rail a/n fittings and bigger lines.

Thanks Mike

Back