Opinion needed, used value.

Defiant

Registered
I need an opinion on a the value of a 2003 LE Hayabusa w/10000 miles. It's got a Micron 4 to 1 pipe on it. I saw it at a dealership and they want 8500 for it. Is that a good price? They were offering 4000-4500 trade in value on my sv1000n. Body condition on the Hayabusa seems very good and externally everything looks fine.

I'd like to get a hayabusa but so far the price is kinda out of reach. I'm hoping the impending arrival of the 2008 will lower the prices of whatever is out there now.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

How many miles did it have? Any other options on it that you could tell? TRE, etc? Plus, what part of the country? Around here, Busas are a rarity, so they are valued different.

That sounds somewhat high to me. If you get it, make 'em throw in an unlimited warranty, a helmet and some leathers, boots and gloves!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Sounds right for the stealership, but way high for outright sale.
Aren't left over 07's *black frames also* going for 9500 otd?

It depends on the bike.  You're not going to find a Burning Copper Anniversary Edition for cheap anywhere.  Some depends on mods, mileage, accessories...........etc,etc, etc.  A bike or anyhting for that matter is worth what any one individual is willing to pay to obtain what he wants.  There's Busa's out there I'd pay more for than others, even with greater milage.  Now having said that, I may be BIASED.

Mine's for sale
IMG_0341.jpg

Hmm thanks for the good feedback so far. I guess if I knew how much a stock 2003 hayabusa should go for with around 10000 miles, that would help me determine what to tell the dealer. hmm

Part of the reason of the price is the pending trade in. I'd say it is about $500-1000 high, but the dealer is trying to make profit on three transactions. Selling the 03 buying your SV and selling your SV. The more he can get out of the 03LE ensures his profit on the other two.

An 03 LE usually pulls $500 or so more than an 03 non-LE. It seems to be one of the most sought out colors. The 02 SE was the same way but it's demand seems to be diminsihed

go back tell him you will pay 7500 if he gives you 5500-6000 for your bike, a new helmet, some sort of a warranty on the bike and what ever else you want. Then he will porlly say no. Then you tell him you can always go to another bike shop(you name one close buy) and buy an 07 for 9000 with less then a thousand miles. It has worked for me so far. I usaully walk out with the price I want.

I just bought 1 for $6,900.
It had 2,698 miles. All stock except for a TRE, and new tires.
It fell over in the driveway , so I had to replace the right lower. That cost $400.
I have $7,300 in it.
Remember now, it had 2,698 miles, not that 10,000 is alot.
$7,500 tops, but as was said, the trade in is what's hurting you. Sell yours outright and get them to come down abit.

I just grabbed a NADA Motorcycle/Snomobile ... guide at work and it lists the Values for a 2003 GSX1300RZK3 Hayabusa "SE" (no such thing in my opinion. Should be AE) as follows.
Suggested list-$10999
Rough trade in W/S(?)- $5550
Clean trade in W/S(?)-$6185
Average Retail- $7550

Then to get off topic but not too far I looked up the same numbers for a 2003 ZX12R
Suggested list-$10999
Rough trade in W/S(?)- $4950
Clean trade in W/S(?)-$5515
Average Retail- $6975

Then a 2007 Hayabusa
Suggested list-$11149
Rough trade in W/S(?)- $7290
Clean trade in W/S(?)-$8125
Average Retail- $10015

Finally a 2007 ZX14
Suggested list-$11599
Rough trade in W/S(?)- $7055
Clean trade in W/S(?)-$7860
Average Retail- $9845

They have numbers in here for the 2008 Busa, B-king and zx14 but only the Suggested list.

Back