opening a shop

ezlife

Registered
I decided to start a shop. I am having a couple of problems though. First off I need a labor manual. Providing shop hours allowed for each job. Second is getting parts. I have been buying from a friend of mine who has a parts unlimited account. After he charges me a markup I end up paying a few dollars less then what it cost to buy the parts off ebay. Any information will be helpful. Who do you use? Who has a better selection, faster shipping time. Thanks, and if any of you end up in deland florida, about 20 miles south of daytona , give me a call.

Do you have a store front, retail place of business or are you trying to do it out of your house?

I have been doing most of it out of my house until now. Now i'm going to rent 1500 square foot. It's about 5 blocks off a main road.

(ezlife @ Jul. 20 2007,15:58) I have been doing most of it out of my house until now. Now i'm going to rent 1500 square foot. It's about 5 blocks off a main road.
Once you get your business license, state sales tax permit, sales display, etc and if you have full time hours.... Tucker Rocky and Parts Unlimited etc will be gald to set you up. There are several dealers who sell oem parts to independents at discounted rates. I had a small shop for about 3-4 years.

Doing it out of you house and on the internet is one of the things they all try to avoid.

This is what I did. I had a business doing paint repair and AC work. I had a small shop and a mobile paint business setup. I started working on the bikes on the side and now decided I'm going to start the bike repair, and hopefully move on apparel and so forth. I called parts unlimited, they want your first order to be 5000, and then each additional order to be 50 dollars. I can't handle that, but if I can get a descent deal without spending 5000 right now, I would buy more shop supplies. meanwhile I am starting a new s. corp.

Sorry , I meant to say I can handle the 5000 to parts unlimited. But if I could get a descent deal right now, I would wait on doing that.

Back