One year ago today I lost my lil buddy :-(

Wow, what can be said. You're a strong man BT. It's at times like that our inner strength is truely tested. Brings tears to my eyes to think of what you and your family has gone through. Sometimes I almost want to say why?, but I'm reminded not to challenge to reign of the Father. God bless you and yours and I pray for continued strength in dealing with this.

Many blessings,
BD

I don't know how I missed this post. Anyways BT, your a strong man so take care. Sorry for your loss.
Thanks man.
beerchug.gif

Wow, what can be said. You're a strong man BT. It's at times like that our inner strength is truely tested. Brings tears to my eyes to think of what you and your family has gone through. Sometimes I almost want to say why?, but I'm reminded not to challenge to reign of the Father. God bless you and yours and I pray for continued strength in dealing with this.

Many blessings,
BD
Thanks bro... but you know as well as I do that it wasn't my strenght that carried her. It was the Big Man that carried all three of us. I never could have done it on my own strength.
wink.gif
To be perrfectly honest, I've never buckled under pressure. Never been one to faint or pass out or whatever under stress/pressure, but I had to pray that morning that it wouldn't happen. I also asked every single family member to pray that God give me the strength to do it. I knew that if ever there was anything that could just flat out overload me, that would be it.

I've already said that being a pall bearer and carrying a child I loved to her grave was the HARDEST thing I've ever done, but I failed to mention that I've never been more proud of anything I've ever done. Being asked by parents to be the last living person to ever carry their child is an honor in my eyes. I wasn't sure I could handle it, but how could I turn that down?
drooling3.gif

As for the "why?" thing... It's hard not to question that sometimes, but I believe that everything happens for a reason. It's not for us to understand, but only to accept.
wink.gif

wink.gif

On that note a funny story. Her little Brother had a helium filled balloon the other day and let it get away from him. At first it made him mad, but then he sort of just smiled and said, "That's ok, I'll let Kelsy have that one." as it floated toward the sky. Enough to break the toughest heart in the world, right? Well, when they told me this I just laughed. They asked me what was so funny... I told them that my first thought was that he didn't lose the balloon. Kelsy reached down and took it from him!
laugh.gif

Another thing they done at the memorial the other night was release probably 25-30 balloons with notes to her on them. He got a kick out of that.
wink.gif
Thanks for relaying that, BT. Great idea with the balloons!
Yeah, I thought that was an awesome story... and an excellent idea on my aunt's part to do that at the memorial.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Back