one front rotor mod info

I think it is for weight savings at the strip, or to show off custom wheels.

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

Makes sense. Thank you! I can see a setup with a single sided swingarm would make this a bad ass mod!

It's a free mod. I would highly suggest using an aftermarket brake line which would make it not free but still fairly cheap. The correct way to do it would be to buy a new master cylinder also.

Here are a couple pics of mine and my brothers bike with the single rotor

image-524475647.jpg

image-1961305665.jpg

image-951844051.jpg

image-1645050758.jpg

I have steel braided galfer brake lines already. what else do I need? I read somewhere you cant buy just any master cylinder?

Here's a pic of mine. Just for show. But with the upgraded pads and rotor it stops great. I really dont noticew the difference between two and one. I didnt upgrade the master cyliner either. No problems.

033.jpg

Here's a pic of mine. Just for show. But with the upgraded pads and rotor it stops great. I really dont noticew the difference between two and one. I didnt upgrade the master cyliner either. No problems.

so what all did you have to replace and buy to do the mod?

Aside from my aftermarket wheels, nothing. I took off the right caliper and took off the brake line for it. I installed my galfer braided line, bled the system and that was it. You may have to buy a block off plate for it though if you are running the factory wheel. I did that with my gen one before upgrading the wheels. It's was about $20. Because I have RC component wheels they set it up for the single side system so no other modifications were needed.

It can be free, and then if you sell the rotor and caliper, you should definitely cover the cost of a line :laugh:

Why reduce 75% of your braking by 50%? What does it accomplish for y'all?
Just curious as I don't understand the 1 lb saved to braking lost?

I honestly don't feel the loss in braking ability. Did I lose some? I'm sure it did but I don't ride to the extreme where an additional rotor is going to do something that one wouldn't. I did mine for the look to show off my wheels and nothing more. So far I have been enable to stop when i needed to.

I honestly don't feel the loss in braking ability. Did I lose some? I'm sure it did but I don't ride to the extreme where an additional rotor is going to do something that one wouldn't. I did mine for the look to show off my wheels and nothing more. So far I have been enable to stop when i needed to.

From 150+?

Why reduce 75% of your braking by 50%? What does it accomplish for y'all?
Just curious as I don't understand the 1 lb saved to braking lost?

Hey Blanca
Have you ever ran a sportbike with one front rotor?
I ran a GSXR dragbike for over 4 years with one rotor running 9.20's at near 150MPH and been at some chitty tracks with a very short shut down area and NEVER had a braking issue! Have you ever counted the front brake rotors on Ryan Schnitz worlds fastest street bike Busa stopping over 200 MPH........ ONE!!
Please do tell us your braking issues you have expierenced with running a sportbike with one front brake setup

11_1006_Ryan_Andy_Roberts_Photo2.jpg

I believe the advantage to running 2 front rotors would be keeping the fluid rotors and pads cooler in extreme road racing conditions. Thats about it.
For the average guy/gal riding on the street I dont see the brake fluid reaching boiling temps and rotors turning cherry red. If he like the look of the front rotor
wear it out by all means you wont have an issue with stopping power. I just wouldnt race in any upcoming GP races with and pros with a one rotor sportbike. :beerchug:

Just waiting on dadofthree to chime here with something like "I have no expierence with this someone will be along"

From 150+?

I can slow down in almost the same amount of time with 1 as I could with 2. I know my braking won't be as good as it was before but I have a long shutdown if something does go wrong so im not that worried about it. I only run my bike at the track so it's not a huge deal to me.

Back