back in black part II - spring 2009

Looks great...and with all of that extra black that makes you even more the fastest color:beerchug:

hi folks, thanx for your posts!

did a few very small modifications these days, maybe somebody is interested in, so here we go:

the mirrors, installed on pics are very cheap ones which are usually made für chopper-bars. i modified them to fit the busa. there were two big problems with these cheepos. they aren´t very reliable, one arm just broke apart when adjusting the position as the material is very lousy. the second reason to replace them is, that they are completely street-illegal here in europe. their surface is too small and the busa needs e-marked mirrors. so i started looking around, but wasn´t able to find mirrors fitting my taste and budget. suddenly i stumbeled over a pair of nice looking mirrors, that wasn´t that expensive. but again these ones were designed to fit handlebars, but no fairings. anyway - just bought a pair of silver ones as they were half-priced.
tehre was noc chance to put them plug-n-play on the busa, so i started modifying. the upper mount had to be drilled and cutted, as the mounting-angle was too strange to look good. one hour and some black paint later i was able to put them on the busa. like them a lot. these ones are heavy-duty, and e-marked.

busa05b.JPG

the modified mount, drilles and cutted:

busa06.JPG

front view:

busa07.JPG

i replaced the rear turn signals, too. i was able to get my hand on a pair of kellermanns brand new combinations, which contain functions of rear-light, brake-light and turn-signals in a very small body. they came with a white lens, which i darkened to the the rest of the bike:

busa08.JPG

rear-light function:

busa09.JPG

rear light and turn signal function:

busa10.JPG

new rear-view of the bike. quite invisible when not illuminated.

busa11.JPG

Last edited:
The entire bike looks good but, those mirrors are awesome. The all black makes it look even meaner. Watch out Kaw and Yam boys.

small update:

as my front-rotor-floaters decided to die, i had to buy new discs. i´ve been chosen a nice set of EBC-contour rotors. meanwhile i re-floatered the oem-discs, but will stay at the EBCs.

then i thought it would be time to solve one of the biggest miracles of mankind: does a gsx-r1000 fender fit the busa-fork (without modifying the busa-hardware)? there are no detailed information - or i wasn´t able to find them. so i bought a k02 front fender to try it out. the fender arrived today. and as i´m not sir wait-a-lot i directly went to the garage an started the progress. here´s the result:

bufe2.JPG

bufe1.JPG

if somebody is interested in detailled information of this fender-mod, i could post a complete workaround, as i photographed the whole porcess and meassured all parts.

have a good time,
godZilla

btw: here´s the first part of my bikes history: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/appearance-mods/95784-back-black.html

Last edited:
Back