Oldies But Goodies!

Last one... My wife and I a few months before we were married. I was on this trip to Beckley, WV that I knew I wanted to marry her. Took me a few more months to get up the courage to ask though...

warr0221.jpg

Here I am giving my little niece a ride on my Hodaka Steen 100 dirt bike. I was 12 and the year was 1972.

P.

tomdirtbike.jpg

I have 4 pics for you guys.  The first is from 1980, I was 9 and this is my dad's new 1979 FLH Classic with custom eagles he installed on his front fairing & on the light visors.  This was taken at Marcus Dairy in Danbury, CT on a Sunday morning.  The white fairing in the left of the frame was my moms Honda CB 350.

scans.jpg

This next one is of a trailer my dad & his buddies made.  It's one of those clam shell dealies from Sears that goes on top of your car to carry luggage in.  They welded up a frame out of aluminum and rigged up a hitch.  It worked well and my dad used it for years to come.

1.jpg

This is my 1st bike.  Suzuki RM100.  My parents had a tag/yard sale and let me keep the money.  The motor & trans were out of the bike.  I rolled the frame home, my dad had the box with the motor & trans in his car and we got it running.  That damn bike broke down so many times on me while I was far from home but I loved it to death!!!

3.jpg

And last but not least this was my Kawasaki GPZ 550, I don't remember what year my GPZ was but this pic was taken around 1990 because I cut my hair in 1991.

2.jpg

(Postal @ Dec. 16 2006,20:20) Cool pics Monster!
yours too. I like the one of your dad from the 40's. Reminds me of the pics I've seen of my father in law. Thank you for starting this thread.
beerchug.gif

(brendanp @ Dec. 16 2006,20:36) OMG Kev,I wouldn't be showing anyone that GPZ pic!!LOL  
tounge.gif
I know man - complete squid. You can't see but my helmet is bungeed to my passenger seat & shorts. wtf
laugh.gif

(brendanp @ Dec. 16 2006,19:36) OMG Kev,I wouldn't be showing anyone that GPZ pic!!LOL  
tounge.gif
Hey leave him alone, I had a GPZ 750. It was my first legal street bike. I rode that thing everywhere. Yeah it was slow as heck, but at the time, was fast to me. Had a buddy with a souped up 80 Camero and kicked his butt. I am sure it would have ran in the 13's in the quarter
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Okay, here are some more....

Me and Mrs. Postal in August of 1986, the month we were engaged.

Awwwwww.....

P.

engagement.jpg

Here is a pic from summer of 1979, I was 19. That's me on the left. My friend and I were the pit crew for Mr. CC Corbin. This was taken at Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, IL. The neat thing about this era is that we raced against Rusty Wallace on a weekly basis. We also raced against Kenny Schrader when he wasn't racing open wheel cars. Good times!

27cccorbin.jpg

Here is my long-since-gone 1973 Type LT Rally Sport Camero....... Boo hoooooo! I wish I had it again.

camero.jpg

Here is my 1968 Nova. I pieced this one back together after totalling it. This picture was taken around 1979. I sold the car in 1980.

nova.jpg

Here is my brand new 1983 Toyota "Black-Package" Supra. Had this one about two years then sold it.

supra.jpg

For some reason this was one of my favorite older bikes. I bought it new in 1980. It is a Suzuki GS750ET. Had it about two years. It has short bars, a Vance & Hines header, and it was jetted. First brand new MC I ever owned.

Here is a 1980 280-ZX I had for a while. Got three tickets with it and sold it. I had a radar detector each time I got a ticket too. See it located in the opening of the front air dam? This car ran like a bat out of Hades.

zx1.jpg

And here is my Dad and I. This picture was taken in December 1974, one month before he passed away with a blood clot. I was 15.

Enjoy this thread my friends. Re-live old memories! That helps keep us young. May God bless you all this Christmas season!

Postal.

beerchug.gif

dadnI.jpg

Back