Oldies But Goodies!

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
This thread is to allow you to post any old picture that you want to of yourself, someone in your family, or something of sentimental value to you.

Here I am standing in my Dad's micro-midget race car. It is May of 1961 and I am 18 months old.

My Dad and his brothers raced these cars on oval dirt tracks in the St. Louis, MO area in the late 50's and 60's.

P.

scan.jpg

Very cool pic!. I'll bet your Dad raced against a friend of mine that passed away last year, Larry Phillips. Thanks for sharing
smile.gif

(Red05 @ Dec. 16 2006,22
zzwhip.gif
) Very cool pic!. I'll bet your Dad raced against a friend of mine that passed away last year, Larry Phillips. Thanks for sharing
smile.gif
That's cool! Yeah, they raced at what was called Chain of Rocks raceway in IL. Hwy 270 was later built over top of it.

After my Dad quit racing, he drove a tow truck at the local races, Tri-City Speedway, Granite City, IL. We also made it up to Springfield, IL every Sunday night for Joe Shahane's (sp?) track.

Here is a pic from the early 70's of my Dad pushing a sprint car off to get it started. This is at Tri-City Speedway.

P.

Dad.jpg

Later upgrade to the king of speed for that time... the KZ1000. That Vetter fairing has got to go!

m_d00060.jpg

(warbrown @ Dec. 16 2006,22:39) Here's a pic of my Dad circa early 70's with his new Yami 650.
Warren, that is neat! You have a great Dad too! I feel honored having been able to meet him and ride with him. I look forward to many more rides with him, and you too! Has he rode your new toy yet?

Tom.

(warbrown @ Dec. 16 2006,18:39) Here's a pic of my Dad circa early 70's with his new Yami 650.
you guys have the same haircut and the same taste in paint.
laugh.gif

Here's my dad and I having a good laugh... For some reason, I don't remember what it was about.

warr0016.jpg

(heavybusa @ Dec. 16 2006,10:42)
(warbrown @ Dec. 16 2006,18:39) Here's a pic of my Dad circa early 70's with his new Yami 650.
you guys have the same haircut and the same taste in paint.
laugh.gif
OK, now that's below the belt!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(warbrown @ Dec. 16 2006,18:41) Later upgrade to the king of speed for that time... the KZ1000. That Vetter fairing has got to go!
is that you on the ground? or behind the bike?

(Postal @ Dec. 16 2006,10:42)
(warbrown @ Dec. 16 2006,22:39) Here's a pic of my Dad circa early 70's with his new Yami 650.
Warren, that is neat! You have a great Dad too! I feel honored having been able to meet him and ride with him. I look forward to many more rides with him, and you too! Has he rode your new toy yet?

Tom.
Not yet. Hopefully soon. After a lifetime of riding, he deserves the thrill that only a turbo busa can bring.

(heavybusa @ Dec. 16 2006,10:44)
(warbrown @ Dec. 16 2006,18:41) Later upgrade to the king of speed for that time... the KZ1000. That Vetter fairing has got to go!
is that you on the ground? or behind the bike?
No, that's my younger bro. I would have been around 9yrs old at the time. (1977)

Believe it or not, I used to have hair. (although the high forehead / receding hairline is already apparent)
sad.gif

warr0005.jpg

Back