Oldies But Goodies!

Here is one of me on my new 1980 GS750ET. The year was 1980 and I was 20 years old. Yes, we were squids back then. Illinois had no helmet law, and still doesn't, so you can guess how we all rode.... that's right, we were rolling doners. And YES! those are real Jordache jeans, and bell bottoms to beat all!

laugh.gif

P.

tomon80.jpg

Now here is a real classic. Me on my Honda 750 Super Sport. I think it was a 1975. The year was 1978, I was 18, and I had just graduated from High School the previous May. This bike was a pain in the butt! The guy I bought it off of had some kind of big-bore kit in it, I think it was a Vance & Hines 836 kit. It ran really good for about a mile then quit. I had this bike three months and unloaded it for $200.00 more than I paid for it. I think I paid $1,000.00 for it. And yes, those are bell bottoms too!

laugh.gif

P.

tomon75.jpg

Wow Tom, now I know why you make the trip for the nationals! Awsome pics. Ill have to get with dad and scan some of our older ones from the race tracks!

(GSXTacy @ Dec. 19 2006,00:20) Wow Tom, now I know why you make the trip for the nationals! Awsome pics. Ill have to get with dad and scan some of our older ones from the race tracks!
Chris, I'd love to see those old pics. I have hundreds. I also have movies of my dad racing his micro midget. They were shot on 8mm back in the 60s then converted to VHS about ten years ago. I need to get them digitized and bypass DVD all together.

Take care, and post em up!

Tom.

beerchug.gif

(Postal @ Dec. 18 2006,12:07) Now here is a real classic. Me on my Honda 750 Super Sport. I think it was a 1975. The year was 1978, I was 18, and I had just graduated from High School the previous May. This bike was a pain in the butt! The guy I bought it off of had some kind of big-bore kit in it, I think it was a Vance & Hines 836 kit. It ran really good for about a mile then quit. I had this bike three months and unloaded it for $200.00 more than I paid for it. I think I paid $1,000.00 for it. And yes, those are bell bottoms too!

laugh.gif

P.
Wow... nice duds Tom. Makes me want to rent Saturday Night Fever.

(warbrown @ Dec. 19 2006,00:32)
(Postal @ Dec. 18 2006,12:07) Now here is a real classic. Me on my Honda 750 Super Sport. I think it was a 1975. The year was 1978, I was 18, and I had just graduated from High School the previous May. This bike was a pain in the butt! The guy I bought it off of had some kind of big-bore kit in it, I think it was a Vance & Hines 836 kit. It ran really good for about a mile then quit. I had this bike three months and unloaded it for $200.00 more than I paid for it. I think I paid $1,000.00 for it. And yes, those are bell bottoms too!

laugh.gif

P.
Wow... nice duds Tom.  Makes me want to rent Saturday Night Fever.
I WAS saturday Night Fever.......
laugh.gif

Did the whole disco scene in the late 70s and early 80s....

And proud of it!
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

Here is one you'll get a hoot out of. I did some acting at local community theaters in the St. Louis and IL area back in the early 80s (It got me chicks... he he). Had aspirations of Hollyweird too....

Yeah, I still laugh when I think about it.  
AAAssjani.gif

P.

play1.jpg

Here are a few more of me I was able to dig up...

I have the coolest Dad. When I was in high school he let me take out his new '85 Goldwing whenever I needed it so I could more effectively romance the ladies.

warr0087.jpg

Here's a pic of my wife and I clowning around a few months before we were married. (1993)

warr0040.jpg

Too cool Warren! Love those pics! We have got to get DJ posting some old pics of his up.

Tom.

(Postal @ Jun. 29 2007,14:50)
(VaBusa @ Jun. 29 2007,18
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) Great photos guys!  Don't know how I missed this in December...

beerchug.gif
You were Christmas shopping.

AAAssjani.gif
I hate to shop...most of what I did was done online! LOL NEXT!
wink.gif

Back