oldie from the UK

ryoken1972

Registered
thought id post in here , i had an account years ago , but lost the email to recover the password, so created a new account , I'm an old fart from Yorkshire in the UK,
i have had "Brian" my 02 busa for 12 years apart from a k&n she is standard, but i have some yoshimuras but at the moment im running stock cans , the wife and i when i can go out on it , but being a long distance trucker , work kind of gets in the way :(
my bike is kind of an odd ball I'm finding out , she's registered in 02, with a nice beak , but with 220 mph clocks, ive posted a couple of pics of here on her recently , but ill put on here too ,

IMG_20160730_163417.jpg

Welcome home!
Looks like you have a 2001 model going by the paint scheme. . . But the 220mph speedo only came on the 1999 and 2000 models, so at some point someone has replaced the original dash for the one fitted to it now.
She looks in lovely condition so enjoy it and join in the fun here as much as you can.
1716493651512.jpeg

Welcome home!
Looks like you have a 2001 model going by the paint scheme. . . But the 220mph speedo only came on the 1999 and 2000 models, so at some point someone has replaced the original dash for the one fitted to it now.
She looks in lovely condition so enjoy it and join in the fun here as much as you can.
View attachment 1683698
i was in touch with the original owner just after i bought it to get some basic history, and he said he hasn't touched anything just rode her and looked after her so she's a bit of an odd ball

Last edited:
Yup, that’s very unusual.
Must’ve been a hungover Japanese guy at the factory that day grabbing a dash from the wrong cart on the production line lol.
i dont know , but shes not living the dream at the mo, but seeing as shes an odd ball , ive got to get her on the road again

Good looking scoot......

It does have the 2001 paint scheme and if it was an early 2001, it could have got one of the last 200mph instrument clusters from the 2000 line.....

That'd be pretty cool....

In a related yet different story, my dad had a Mercury Meteor that ended up with a 302 Boss motor in it from the factory somehow...in those days ('69) some of the factories made Mustang and Meteors on the same line due to the demand for the Mustang....(so I was told). The Meteor was never supposed to have the 302 Boss in it.

Good looking scoot......

It does have the 2001 paint scheme and if it was an early 2001, it could have got one of the last 200mph instrument clusters from the 2000 line.....

That'd be pretty cool....

In a related yet different story, my dad had a Mercury Meteor that ended up with a 302 Boss motor in it from the factory somehow...in those days ('69) some of the factories made Mustang and Meteors on the same line due to the demand for the Mustang....(so I was told). The Meteor was never supposed to have the 302 Boss in it.
i took her to get dyno'd in jeesh 2011 max hp was 161.5@ 9729 rpm and 98.96 f lb torque, numbers mean nothing to me im affraid

Maybe it (is) unrestricted. My 06 barely made 160 ponies. Three runs, two@ 159+ and one @ 160+. Can’t recall the torque. 161.5 could mean a nice tune as well. Get er runnin!

thought id post in here , i had an account years ago , but lost the email to recover the password, so created a new account , I'm an old fart from Yorkshire in the UK,
i have had "Brian" my 02 busa for 12 years apart from a k&n she is standard, but i have some yoshimuras but at the moment im running stock cans , the wife and i when i can go out on it , but being a long distance trucker , work kind of gets in the way :(
my bike is kind of an odd ball I'm finding out , she's registered in 02, with a nice beak , but with 220 mph clocks, ive posted a couple of pics of here on her recently , but ill put on here too ,

View attachment 1683697
Lovely...!!

Back