HI from UK

gtfire

Registered
Hi,
Im from Norfolk UK, Thats about 80 miles north east of London.
Ive had a bike licence for 26 years now but only got back into bikes last year after my 3 girls had grown up. (12 year break) my last bike was an FJ1200 but I have had a little Yamaha FZ6 to break me in over the last 6 months.
So I'm picking up my first Busa next week. It's a K8 on an 08. Totally stock at mo. Test rode it at the dealers and had to have it! It's in the metallic grey.

Anything I should know etc etc. The more I know the better so keep it coming

Cheers

:worthless:

Also, can we get one that says "ALL Threads Are Worthless Without Pics"?

I too had a brake in riding...about 14 years. I bought a ZRX 1200 before getting a 2011 Busa a year later. My advice is to take it easy on the throttle for a while until you get used to what your new bike will do. I had about 6 months of thinking oh-my-god after many rides. The bike still makes me smile. Enjoy and welcome!

Welcome to the Org! Best thing to do is ride and think about modifications you may want or need. When I had my '05, I added some Yoshimura exhaust cans (left I the baffles to keep the noise down, and also avoided upgrading the air cleaner and the ECU), and a double-bubble windscreen. Had the front portion of the seat shaved down and recovered in leather, added storage under the "hump," and installed a GPS. Simple mods with big effect. If you're interested in any of them, you can search the site, ask in a post, or find a good deal from any of the site's sponsors. Post some pics when you get the bike!

Welcome to the org. There were a couple of minor issues Suzuki issued recalls for. Might check with the dealer those were performed.

Sent from my JKU!

Cheers for the warm welcome :beerchug:

If the weather is good I pick it up this Friday, It's like waiting for xmas when your 9 years old :)

New cans are a must but I'll ride it for a month or three before I do anything as its got 3 month Suzuki warranty and don't want to give them a chance to wriggle out of it.

I plan on touring a bit more this year so may see about and inch or so rise on the bars, anyone done this? Also should be off to Isle of Man TT so if your going give me a nod.

:welcome::welcome: from London risers are easy get the genmar risers undo the four bolts slid it under and fit the new bolts you get with the kit. You might need to turn the lever clamps slightly so they don't touch the screen in full lock. I've got the 19mm fitted you don't need to alter any cables.

A Pic

media.jpeg

So first ride! A little damp in places so went easy in the first 2 gears. But boy what an engine. To be honest didn't hit the red line once.
One question. Had a small amount of vibration at 130+ is this normal? Bare in mind my Fazer was almost out of puff here.

Last edited:
Back