Old guy with 2013 Hayabusa

Hi thanks for getting in touch have replaced my front pads last year with bremo's and since then the brakes in the wet take about 2 seconds to start to bite not as good as the originals so I will try your suggestion. Thank you Kind regards Mick

Ebc HH "Extreme Pro" are the ceramic(different from standard HH)

Welcome nice busa Hope I will be healthy and still riding in my seventies :thumbsup:
Thanks for the welcome I see you have good taste like me A white busa I had to stop my dear father from riding is 125 when he was 63 because he was that slow he was a danger to himself he passed away at 91 people do ask me when will stop riding I say when I don't feel safe at 150 lol and always said I want to be the fastest 80 year old but arthritis as taken hold of me and seems to be getting worse a bit on the quick side so this could be my last year but you never know . I'm better in warm climates . thanks for the welcome ride safe. Kind regards Mick

Gidday Midck, your story gives us all hope lol !
My 99 Busa had crap brakes so I fitted braided hoses front and rear, new EBC HH sintered pads front and rear, new front m/c piston and seal kit and stripped, cleaned and reassembled the calipers.
Honestly, the improvement was unbelievable.
I'm 60 this year, been riding 45 years, but this bike keeps me at 40, ride safe mate and keep posting, we need more members of the 'Senior' variety :beerchug:
p.s., I love your taste in motorcycles!

Hey Mich welcome, I'm 61 years old and love riding my Busa also. I also feel the stock brakes are fine. I do have braided lines. I pray I'm still able to ride into my 70's. I have Heli bars and spacer, lower pegs, MRI windshield, heated grips, and race tech fork springs. Its comfortable to me.

Gidday Midck, your story gives us all hope lol !
My 99 Busa had crap brakes so I fitted braided hoses front and rear, new EBC HH sintered pads front and rear, new front m/c piston and seal kit and stripped, cleaned and reassembled the calipers.
Honestly, the improvement was unbelievable.
I'm 60 this year, been riding 45 years, but this bike keeps me at 40, ride safe mate and keep posting, we need more members of the 'Senior' variety :beerchug:
p.s., I love your taste in motorcycles!

Thanks for the warm hello, nice to know I'm not the only silly bugger on here, I will try the pads out this summer in the wet mine take 2-3 sec's to start really biting and that's can be a good distance depending on speed in fact one second at 60mph is 66Ft a that's massive and that's before they really start to stop you. so a pad change for me soon. Thanks again sure we will be in touch again. All the best. Mick. pic is me with one leg either side of the sauce of the river Sein were it springs from the ground in france
Hey Mich welcome, I'm 61 years old and love riding my Busa also. I also feel the stock brakes are fine. I do have braided lines. I pray I'm still able to ride into my 70's. I have Heli bars and spacer, lower pegs, MRI windshield, heated grips, and race tech fork springs. Its comfortable to me.

Have you seen the Hayabusa ABS emergency Stop from 185 mph on Utube done on a airfield impressive the thing is if your brakes can lock the front wheel up that's it nothing will make it stop faster you have reached the limit of the tyres grip.

Do you currently have "race" pads?
It sounds like it, as they are no good on street, they need to be kept hot from the frequent braking of a race track.
Once they begin to cool, their bite diminishes greatly.

Hi Busa Mick , it is great that you are still riding hard on your Busa , you obviously still enjoy fast swervery and high speed on your Busa , and to me that speaks volumes mate . I hope the arthritis slows down to allow you more enjoyment from your future riding . I got a mate who moved from south to the top end of Australia to warmer climate for help with old motorcycle injuries ( broken neck twice ) . I also have escalating arthritis from serious bike accidents from younger days , and I know when its cold , I find a lot of movement difficult .
There is another Mike we know on the org. tag ( Micheal Parris Heuberger ) , also around your age who is building a over 600 rwhp Busa to ride in some serious top end racing and on the street !! . So , you are certainly not alone in your age range for the need for speed bro , but you older guys are up there for life experience and accumulated wisdom . Cheers mate .:beerchug:

Do you currently have "race" pads?
It sounds like it, as they are no good on street, they need to be kept hot from the frequent braking of a race track.
Once they begin to cool, their bite diminishes greatly.
Hi and thanks for reply. I cant remember what pads they was I know I ordered Brembo pads for fast road use so you have now made me think but I was going to change them anyway due to the wet braking problem. in the dry theirs no problem. Thanks a lot.

Hi all. Yes I will be 70 next year. And as they say WHEN YOUR OVER THE HILL YOU JUST PICKUP SPEED!!!!! I hope by the time I finish the build I hope I will be able to still ride!!!!!!!!
I hope u come to your senses and take a loan.. that would really speed things up... even then... its STILL gonna take awhile.. but at least u wouldn't have to save up for parts u need... 1 year turns into 5 years pretty easily,

then Michael... think about it.. that would buy the turbo system... and u got the motor being built right now correct? And believe me... there are gonna be ALOT of dialing the thing in and resolving small issues... but u would be riding it.... afterwards u can do all the trick components when finances allow afterward.

50-75 grand... that's about what it takes to build a NICE super ultra... I got 30 pages of receipts from this build

Back