old gen tank -- new gen tank

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
Just needed to know the diference between the old style (99'-00') fuel tank and new style (01'-current).

I am piecing together a set of plastics for paint and came across a tank with what appears to be a April 2001 build date. It looks like the fuel pump mount is identical to my 03' but was wonderin' if anyone knew and differences between the two. I would like to be sure. Thanks in advance. Grab.

I believe for 02 and newer your fine with a tank from a model 02 and up. I beileve you cannot use a tank from an 01 and below for the 02 and up model. The way that the fuel pump is mounted to the tank for the 02 and up models differs from the 01 and below models.

The 2001-2004 tanks all use an internal fuel pump, and can be used interchangabily on your Busa.  The 99-00 tanks used an external fuel pump, and will not work on an 2001+ Busa unless you procure an external fuel pump.  I know this for a fact because I did the research when I did a color swap on my 01 Busa - I bought a complete set of 2003 plastics and tank, and they went on without a hitch.
smile.gif
That tank will work great for you.

<!--EDIT|maoz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082458203 -->

The 2001-2004 tanks all use an internal fuel pump, and can be used interchangabily on your Busa.  The 99-00 tanks used an external fuel pump, and will not work on an 2001+ Busa unless you procure an external fuel pump.  I know this for a fact because I did the research when I did a color swap on my 01 Busa - I bought a complete set of 2003 plastics and tank, and they went on without a hitch.
smile.gif
maoz has got it right.
wink.gif

smile.gif
Thanks, everyone! I figured it would be ok. It looks identical from the bottom. I'll keep everyone up-to-date on the progress.

Back