Tank Swap Question...

Gerald

Registered
I'm considering buying a wrecked 2000 Busa and have a few questions I was hoping  someone here could answer.Which year fuel tank /fuel pump will work on a 2000 model.Someone mentioned something about the mounting hole for the fuel pump is a different size on later models.Has the wiring for the fuel pump changed at all or is it the same on all models and just that 1 plug in connection.Is the bodywork pretty much interchangable from 99-05 without any mods to the plastic? Help me out guys.....

<!--EDIT|Gerald
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111076642 -->

Gerald,
I am not for certain, but I think it may have been 2000. Someone on the board will know for sure. Welcome.

plastics are all the same. 99 to 2000 have the same pump. 2001 and up run on a different pump.

Also I ve got a full set of plastics and tank in great condition from a 2002 silver/grey. Price is $1200. I am located in Rockville, MD

So if going with a 2001 or newer tank would I'd just have to use the newer pump right?Any other mods???

Just as a reminder, the tanks for 49 state and the tanks for Cali are not the same. The Cali tank holds less fuel and the hose outlets on the rear of the tank are angled differently. I know this because when I changed color I was sent a 49 state tank. I made it work on the Cali bike (03) without a lot of trouble though.
wow.gif

Back