Oklahoma weather is crazy

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
We had Tornadoes and hail tonight... I guess it depends on where you live on if you are going to get weather....

no wind.gif

temps.gif

no wind.gif

temps.gif

weather is freakish out there. what percentage of people out there do you think have those underground safe rooms? are new home developments in the tornado zone (where ever that is) required to have some sort of safe room either built into the house or somewhere on the property?

weather is freakish out there. what percentage of people out there do you think have those underground safe rooms? are new home developments in the tornado zone (where ever that is) required to have some sort of safe room either built into the house or somewhere on the property?

I would say that 80% have some sort of shelter at home nowadays, I think there is some rebate or something for new homes with a safe room... It's snowing in the panhandle of Ok, 80 degrees in the South, we had tornadoes, hail, monsoon flooding and tomorrow is supposed to be cold, Freeze warning with winds in the 30's

You guys definitely get some crazy stuff out there. My brother-in-law works at the Oklahoma Climatological Survey, and is always posting on Facebook about your strange weather. Glad you were all safe tonight, Cap.

I would say that 80% have some sort of shelter at home nowadays, I think there is some rebate or something for new homes with a safe room... It's snowing in the panhandle of Ok, 80 degrees in the South, we had tornadoes, hail, monsoon flooding and tomorrow is supposed to be cold, Freeze warning with winds in the 30's
sounds like paradise....:D at least you dont get 3 months of summer (for which 1 month is so miserably hot you wish it was winter again....:whistle:) and 9 months of feeln like ur living in the north pole...:banghead: cant wait to leave this area.

sounds like paradise....:D at least you dont get 3 months of summer (for which 1 month is so miserably hot you wish it was winter again....:whistle:) and 9 months of feeln like ur living in the north pole...:banghead: cant wait to leave this area.

Amen brother!

here it comes...thunder has started rolling in the past 10 minutes and a pretty lady on TV just smiled and said there is a 50% chance of a tornado within 50 miles of me by 10 CST...thank you, pretty lady :laugh:

We had to take shelter last night around 12:30, had a couple tornados within a mile of the house. Interesting night.

here it comes...thunder has started rolling in the past 10 minutes and a pretty lady on TV just smiled and said there is a 50% chance of a tornado within 50 miles of me by 10 CST...thank you, pretty lady :laugh:
Make sure you secure Lucy :thumbsup:

Had an Uncle and Aunt that grew up in Mississippi and returned there to live. They had what was called bomb shelters where ever they lived. I don't know how they knew, but I remember as a small child being carried at night to the shelter until the storm passed.

James, there you are.. I was texting you last night... glad your okay....

Hey good news.. .Freeze warning for tomorrow... So we had this week....

81 degrees at my house yesterday afternoon
2.5 inches of rain last night
Hail last night
Tornadoes less than 20 miles away
Currently 26 mph winds
Freeze warnings for Friday

James, there you are.. I was texting you last night... glad your okay....

Hey good news.. .Freeze warning for tomorrow... So we had this week....

81 degrees at my house yesterday afternoon
2.5 inches of rain last night
Hail last night
Tornadoes less than 20 miles away
Currently 26 mph winds
Freeze warnings for Friday

welcome to Oklahoma, where everything is OK :thumbsup:

I love a good storm, but you guys can keep that mess out there! We had one tornado here two years ago and let's just say "we're not used to that", we lost an entire school, churches, homes...

I think most here would take a hurricane any day of the week over a tornado...

Glad everyone weathered it well... :thumbsup:

didnt you just get some solar panels in??? how well will those hold up to Oklahoma weather??

Glad everyone weathered it well... :thumbsup:

oh we just begun our fun weather season out here in the midwest....

I would say that 80% have some sort of shelter at home nowadays, I think there is some rebate or something for new homes with a safe room...

how many are really safe though. if another one like in 99 blows through, i doubt many of the ones ive seen would stand.

Back