Oklahoma Sunrises

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I posted this on Facebook the other day for my family and local friends and thought I would share it. We don't get very many actual snow days in Oklahoma, usually a lot of sleet and ice. We had an incredible snow the other night, about 4 inches with no wind and again completely unusual followed by clear skies the next morning and an incredible sunrise.

I had to take the wife to work early in the morning because the roads were a little slick and on the way home the sun started up over the horizon and it was an amazing site. I was about 5 minutes from the house an knew I had limited time to get home, get the drone, safety check, in the air then film what I could before a no miss conference call at work. I would have about 20 minutes to actually fly! I wish I could have spent a couple of hours in the air but I got some good coverage and cut it down to about 2 minutes.

There was color in the air all the way around the horizon at one point, from the East to the West and it was incredible.

Let me know what you think, I always need constructive criticism from folks with real talent!

It's a new year, I jacked the date up already it should be 2019.

decsnow1.JPG

dec_snow_2018_1.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome. In the real sense of the word. It's beyond me how a person can lay eyes on something like that and question the existence of God....

Reactions: c10
Don't laugh at me but it's a P4 first edition. I can't afford to keep upgrading to all the new shiny stuff. The video looks pretty clear in 4k.
I literally just sold my P3S a month or so ago. I loved that thing! Couldn't afford a P4 back then lol. I have a mavic now that I bought from a buddy, prices on new ones are ridiculous!

I hate to say it but Oklahoma has more snow than I do. I could still take my leaves. It's just uncanadian. :). The film is fabulous. I would try it for myself but I do NOT need another hobby. I know this because my wife just told me so. :)

Reactions: c10
I hate to say it but Oklahoma has more snow than I do. I could still take my leaves. It's just uncanadian. :). The film is fabulous. I would try it for myself but I do NOT need another hobby. I know this because my wife just told me so. :)

I got a 400 lb attaching strength fishing magnet in the mail today from Amazon and my wife asked me exactly what I planned to do with a rare earth magnet made that strong for throwing in the water. I said magnet fishing like the box says, she rolled her eyes and walked off..

I get it!

I literally just sold my P3S a month or so ago. I loved that thing! Couldn't afford a P4 back then lol. I have a mavic now that I bought from a buddy, prices on new ones are ridiculous!

Ironic, I can't afford a mavic :)

Tuttle? Your grandparents still there? That town is right here, essentially part of my town too.

Oh no, they’re long gone. They’re the two in the middle. My folks were born in 1908 and 1910. My maternal grand dad was buddies with Frank James.
B1F8B57C-8054-42EE-89A6-213DFF2122C4.jpeg

I posted this on Facebook the other day for my family and local friends and thought I would share it. We don't get very many actual snow days in Oklahoma, usually a lot of sleet and ice. We had an incredible snow the other night, about 4 inches with no wind and again completely unusual followed by clear skies the next morning and an incredible sunrise.

I had to take the wife to work early in the morning because the roads were a little slick and on the way home the sun started up over the horizon and it was an amazing site. I was about 5 minutes from the house an knew I had limited time to get home, get the drone, safety check, in the air then film what I could before a no miss conference call at work. I would have about 20 minutes to actually fly! I wish I could have spent a couple of hours in the air but I got some good coverage and cut it down to about 2 minutes.

There was color in the air all the way around the horizon at one point, from the East to the West and it was incredible.

Let me know what you think, I always need constructive criticism from folks with real talent!

It's a new year, I jacked the date up already it should be 2019.

View attachment 1591033

View attachment 1591032
Mate that's awesome, love the light pinkish reflections on the trees before the orange blaze comes up fully and the animal tracks to. :thumbsup:

Back