A little Oklahoma storm tonight

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I just happened to put the drone up this afternoon when we had some storms and caught some rotation towards the house. I had to edit and cut the video a little because I was trying to run around from house to house and tell our family to take shelter and fly the drone at the same time. Not my best piloting I must admit! My battery ran low and I had to set it down and change it then get it back up as quickly as possible..

This first pic I took at about 7:30 in the morning of an incredible rainbow then less than 12 hours later from almost the same perspective the video... Amazing world we live in.

20200831_085606.jpg

You must be using a very serious drone as that video looked perfectly stable even with winds and I'd say the piloting was excellent...

That's a whole different way to view a rotating cloud-pretty cool yet ominous at the same time.

Can you identify a tornado faster from the drone?

Man that whole thing was just crazy... There was a very low potential for tornadoes yesterday, baseball size hail and heavy winds but low tornado chances. I had just posted to my local friends on FB not 10 minutes before that I had not seen clouds like what was to the West nor physically felt the conditions since the Tornado that came through a few years ago... (I have pics and video of that one too).

It looks like this storm was going to skirt us just to the North so I thought I would put my drone up and get the backside of the storm. There were no warnings, no clue those clouds were there until the drone broke the treeline and there they were.... I started to livestream and notify folks on my street right then... Just a few minutes later the spotters and storm centers called for the rotation...

So YES you can see the lowering and if close enough you can see the rotation...

We had a micro burst the other night. I was looking through the back slider door and saw it descend right towards me...it was a bit freaky.

It managed to clear the furniture out of my gazebo and all over the lawn. I had to go out in my yellow duck suit to gather it all up.

The next morning we noticed it moved the neighbor's utility trailer a few feet and whacked it against his garage, he had chalks under the wheels and the wind popped it off them.

Micro Burst can be pretty amazing with the collapse of large storms bringing that wind down.

Back