Oklahoma Sucks

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Just wanted to rant a little. I retired from the Navy after 20 years of honorable service. I proudly display a retired Navy plate on my bike. Went to renew my tags today and got told that I had to renew the regular plate as well as the Military Honors Plate. No biggie, except the regular plate expired in April. I didn't know it expired in April, it's not on the bike and I didn't get a notification. I asked why I didn't get a notification and she asked if I moved. I replied yes ma'am I did and iaw with the law, I came down here and updated my license and even paid for a new license with the new address on it even tho I didn't have to do that. She said that computer system doesn't talk to this computer system so the renewal notice went to your old address. Now I have to pay almost $200 (penalties) to renew the old plate so I can pay $8 to renew my Military Honors Plate. Furthermore, I was told there is no way to sync the dates on the 2 plates so that I can pay them both at the same time. GRRRRRRR

Been there done that & got the T-shirt :laugh:

It's always a hassle 4 military @ the dmv because you bounce around so much and each state operates on its own accord. Sometimes it feels like your trying 2 get permission 2 drive in another country or something! :banghead:

Hey, if you wanted good IT you should have moved to Seattle Washington I guess.. While we may not have the best Internet or computer systems our BBQ is pretty darn good :)

Hey Oklahoma ain't so bad! The worlds fastest street cars reside there ! :)
You could always build a street/drag car and get on the "list" !!

Sorry to hear you had to deal with such a mess, gotta love the DMV...I think we need to sponsor a new amendment/bill where all veterans get free license plates and tags for life.

i'll trade you Chicago for any part of OK, your choice :laugh: IL would be a good state if it wasn't for that cesspool!!

wait until they manage your healthcare.....I hate to hear you being penalized for being a proud veteran...but, yes, the libbies hate that....you should get a free service plate!

wait until they manage your healthcare.....I hate to hear you being penalized for being a proud veteran...but, yes, the libbies hate that....you should get a free service plate!

Fortunately, My service connected disability rating is high enough that none of this health care crap affects me.

UPDATE: I called the state this morning. I still had to pay the penalties for the state tag BUT I did get them to sync the dates on the state tag and the Retired Military Tag so I can pay them both at once next year.

I agree...anyone donating their lives to serve this country should get free plates and an upgrade for the veterans insignia!!!!!!

UPDATE: I called the state this morning. I still had to pay the penalties for the state tag BUT I did get them to sync the dates on the state tag and the Retired Military Tag so I can pay them both at once next year.
Thats good news, but I agree that our Veterans shouldn't have to pay anything for a special military tag. As a civilian, I'd gladly pay a couple extra bucks to cover that cost. Most important--thanks for your service, Sir.

Hey, where else could you go and have someone from the govt actually work to help you?

I'm pretty sure 50%+ disabled Vets get plates for $5 in Oklahoma.

That's why there is always a south wind in TX......OK sucks. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thought about you the other day Don, when I seen a Don Hardcastle name pop up in Woodway TX. Guess its not you since your in OK.

GO BAYLOR!!!!!!

Back