Okay, i wans't going to say anything

You should be proud, especially the part about being an OCS grad! I always had more respect for the OCS guys who did it the hard/right way. Not that ROTC is bad, I just think you should be enlisted first. Congrats, I'm proud of ya bro.
Thanks man, I appreciate the comments - just remember, a little Boo Koo will do ya!

Thank you all for the kind words -this place is awesome, no doubt about that!

Awesome. Congrats.
beerchug.gif

That is awesome Shawn!

Thankyou so much for your leadership and your service to our country.

Hokay,
So I am very proud of myself and my service as a Marine - the Eagle Globe and Anchor means as much to me as anything in my life besides my beautiful wife and amazing children.  The fact that I am proud of myself is usually enough for me, but every now and then, something comes along that just totally blows your socks off.  That happened to me recently, and my wife thinks I should share:

Navy News release linky

I had only told Gunny, Pac, USN04Limited and Speed Addict -
but momma said I should show the link to all.  So, there you have it.

Semper Fidelis,
Shawn
That's fantastic MC. You should be proud and nothing wrong with posting that story about yourself. You obviously deserved it and we are glad to see you receiving such honors.

Keep up the good work, Sir.

Wow dude,that's awesome!!!
How could you NOT share that with all of us???
Congrats bro!!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Brendan, thanks... I wasn't sure about telling everyone ---- sort of that, tooting my own horn thing...

Well an update:
I was presented with a couple things today for this -
1. Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (4th)
2. Plaque
3. Department of the Navy Check for $500 - already spent
4. 5 days R&R (basket leave)
Here are a couple of pics -
This one is being presented the medal from our higher headquarters CO, a Navy Captain

ioycom.JPG

My son was thrilled to be there; the Captain asked if he liked being at the ceremony, his response was "I got woke up." classic. Later, during the last photo (where I was talking) he interupted me and said - "Daddy, congraturations!" everyone loved that!

ioyfamily.JPG

He was more interested in this pic..

ioyfamily1.JPG

Back