Okay, i wans't going to say anything

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Hokay,
So I am very proud of myself and my service as a Marine - the Eagle Globe and Anchor means as much to me as anything in my life besides my beautiful wife and amazing children.  The fact that I am proud of myself is usually enough for me, but every now and then, something comes along that just totally blows your socks off.  That happened to me recently, and my wife thinks I should share:

Navy News release linky

I had only told Gunny, Pac, USN04Limited and Speed Addict -
but momma said I should show the link to all.  So, there you have it.

Semper Fidelis,
Shawn

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149216917 -->

Shawn, That's excellent.
Congratulations, and Thank You.

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: "see Pac post"|1149248200 -->

Thanks for sharing that, bro! We knew you were all that and now the Navy knows for sure!
biggrin.gif
Congrats!

Shawn, That's Huge.
Congratulations, and Thank You.
Rule number 233, subsection 13 (Universal Male Rules Handbook):

"Under no circumstances should one man tell another man that anything of theirs is huge.

Exceptions may be made ONLY when discussing inanimate objects (e.g. boat, car, bbq pit, trophy room).  

see reference section 12b, Appendice 'T' under Bragging Rights."

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149218745 -->

Shawn...congrats. Big-time.
beerchug.gif

You've acheived what some of us can only dream of.
thumbs-up.gif

CAPTAIN,
Bravo Zulu, sir! No small feat, if I may say so and definitely something worth crowing about.
smile.gif

Much kudos mister MC.
well deserved I am sure.

any of you marine types currently at LeJune?
biggrin.gif

I am here in Jacksonville, NC through Sunday morning and suppose I could buy a round or two....or perhaps just see some of the local flavor.

PM me if you're up to it.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149231342 -->

Congrats MC! Big award and of course big names see big awards!
cool.gif

Ya know, Im not real good with words, however it is Men like you that give this country hope. It is a supportive family that makes good men even better, and obviously your wife and Kids also deserve some well due praise. Congratulations on the achievement - Im proud to associate with members such as yourself on this forum - a real testament to the quality people we have here.

cool.gif

Everyone, thanks for the comments/compliments. An aspect of this that is really funny is this (sort of a back story) - my boss and I DO NOT get along! He was adamantly against nominating me for the first selection level (there were four different boards, the last one being Navy wide). But his boss had sat through one of my classes, and commented that I might do well in this and that it would look great one for the command, especially since a Marine had never been selected in one of the categories! Also couldn't have come at a better time - always good to have stuff like this in a promotion year!

Back