ok soooo why do everyone elses......

Rongotti

Registered
brakes feel so much more tight than mine? Every other bike I ride feels like its brakes are very firm, you barely have to touch them, mine I feel like I have to grip them hard to stop. I have Galfer wave rotors I thought these were supposed to be better?

Busa's never been known for having the best brakes in the business. Even the kaw comes with much superior brakes. This is especially true for the first gen's.

I can't comment on the rotors, I would think their principle improvement would be with heat dissipation, which will help you when you are riding hard.

What pads are you using?

Do you have steel lines? These won't improve stopping power, but they will help with the feel of your brakes.

If those two things don't help, next step would be to change your master cylinder to a Brembo, which definitely will get you what you want. Early Bird even put a GSXR1000's MC on his bike, which is an awesome idea and serves the same purpose of increasing braking power.

Also, make sure your brakes are bled well and to use good brake fluid - there does seem to be a difference between cheap brake fluid and the good stuff.

how are the pads? how old is the brake fluid currently on the bike?

What S4L said above......

Also I would check run out on the rotors sometimes during tire changes they get bent and you are left forever with a spongy lever.

Some times the calipers need rebuilt........

Could be many things....

Never had a Stopping problem with my Busa. BUT, Steel Brake Lines will definitly make a WORLD of Difference in feel. Like DAY and NIGHT getting rid of the Dreaded Spong-ie Feel :beerchug:

Busa's never been known for having the best brakes in the business. Even the kaw comes with much superior brakes. This is especially true for the first gen's.

What pads are you using? Not sure, i bought them from a sponsor galfer somethign

Do you have steel lines? yes I believe Sonny replaced the lines
If those two things don't help, next step would be to change your master cylinder to a Brembo, which definitely will get you what you want. Early Bird even put a GSXR1000's MC on his bike, which is an awesome idea and serves the same purpose of increasing braking power.

Also, make sure your brakes are bled well and to use good brake fluid - there does seem to be a difference between cheap brake fluid and the good stuff.

how are the pads? not sure, I guess I need to take them apart to check?how old is the brake fluid currently on the bike? not sure on this either. I guess I will replace it

Zx10 master cylinder and calipers. Best bang for the buck.
maybe I need to check them out

one thing i noticed is the aftermarket brake/clutch covers i tried were not formed to the diaphragms like the oem covers, when they were installed i noticed the 'mushyness' increased dramatically... i put the oems back on and it went away...

u got aftermarket covers?

I do actually maybe that is it.
Sounds like I have quite a few options to look at :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

i read on here some time ago that the after markets dont have the airway cut in them , witch seemed to be causing these issues

Back