OK now I'm upset

Wayneovich

Registered
Well I just got the bike back and low and behold if it isn't doing the same ()**&%&(^$(^$(&%^$(&%#$&(%#(^$(*^$*) thing :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Man this pisses me off I mean this is ridiculious my 600 would sit for 2 weeks at a time no battery tender no nothing and it would start right up this thing cannot sit for 30 seconds God am I mad as hell

(see battery dead @ 400 miles ) for my problems.

Turn everything off and do a an amp check, see what is pulling it down.

Sorry to hear man...I know it must be frustrating.

Something is staying "on" and draining it down :dunno: Like twotone said....do an amp check.

Good luck!

I'm not one to say "I told you so" but .....

You can post that 2 cents if you like !

Sorry dont mean to be a funny man, I know the frustration your going thru.

Just get it back to the shop and tell them its the rectifier, dont take any BS about it, its warranty, Just fix the B*stard !!!!

Turn everything off and do a an amp check, see what is pulling it down.
I would think that would be the dealers problem. Take it back to them and tell them to fix it or you want your money back.

oh he77 yes...if you are under warranty tell the dealer to make it right...even if they have to get you a new harness.

Man they Fn Screwed you .
You got no new battery and all they did was charge a dead batt that won't hold one !

You said they were your friends and you trust them well sorry but I sold cars for many yrs.
And you know what I made the most $ off my friends and family because they trusted me !

That dealer already had their chance if you ask me .
Go somewhere else if at all possible .
You mean to tell me the mech didn't start it and turn it off a half dozen times to see if he fixed it ?
Of course not !
They plugged a charger up last night and called you today and said come get it .

I'm not one to say "I told you so" but .....

You can post that 2 cents if you like !

Sorry dont mean to be a funny man, I know the frustration your going thru.

Just get it back to the shop and tell them its the rectifier, dont take any BS about it, its warranty, Just fix the B*stard !!!!

Yeah if we get the chance to meet up I will have your .02:beerchug:

Man they Fn Screwed you .
You got no new battery and all they did was charge a dead batt that won't hold one !

You said they were your friends and you trust them well sorry but I sold cars for many yrs.
And you know what I made the most $ off my friends and family because they trusted me !

That dealer already had their chance if you ask me .
Go somewhere else if at all possible .
You mean to tell me the mech didn't start it and turn it off a half dozen times to see if he fixed it ?
Of course not !
They plugged a charger up last night and called you today and said come get it .

Lets not jump to conclusions just yet But if that is what they did then it will come back to them.

Bluhaya like Metallica says
"Sad but True"

Mom would send neighbor in for car .
They come in trusting neighbors son to take care of them and oh boy would we .
Slam dunk !
Sorry nature of the car biz , make the most off the ones who trust you !

One reason I'm no longer in it .
Complete lack of morals you have to have to succeed !

Lets not jump to conclusions just yet But if that is what they did then it will come back to them.

Was it Jack Nicholson who said :
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH !

Sorry I still think they think your a dipstick , left something on or created the problem yourself and simply charged the battery.
First rule in service is blame the customer .
Can't be the bike they told themselves .
I bet he just turned the key too far and doesn't want to admit it is what they said two mins after you left !

OK so here is what Iam going to do. I will call them tomorrow and inform them that it is still suffering from the same problem. I will tell them about the rectifier and see if they will just switch it out from another K9. If that does not work the only other solution is to drive to GSPS which is about 45 mins away then if they keep the bike Ill be stuck. I do not want to come off as being an ass because things are a bit hectic with them right now because of the fire. But on the other hand I just spent 10k with them so I should get some satisfaction. :laugh:

OK so here is what Iam going to do. I will call them tomorrow and inform them that it is still suffering from the same problem. I will tell them about the rectifier and see if they will just switch it out from another K9. If that does not work the only other solution is to drive to GSPS which is about 45 mins away then if they keep the bike Ill be stuck. I do not want to come off as being an ass because things are a bit hectic with them right now because of the fire. But on the other hand I just spent 10k with them so I should get some satisfaction. :laugh:

I guess I dont get it. why go in and TELL them anything other than the problem still exists and leave your bike. Why tell em about a rectifier. I assume its a Suzuki dealership, let them troubleshoot it, diagnose it and repair otherwise you become part of the problem...

the bike is covered under waranty, they'll fix it. No, they didn't the first time, hell, they might not the second time if they dont have a decent service department, but, you've got a brand new bike, it's covered with a good warranty, they are an authorized Suzuki dealership...so.....just give em your bike and tell em to call you when its fixed.

Just how I'd handle it...dont let their problem (a defect covered under warranty) become your problem (by telling them what to check, what to change, etc..)

And for sure dont go in and tell em fix it or give you your money back...like was suggested earlier.

Really, why not go in with a good attitude, give em another chance to let them do their job and make it right and I bet you'll be ridin with a smile shortly.

Maybe I missed some details in your earlier post Just my 2 cents..and hope you have a good outcome, bet you do!

Last edited:
want to add, if they dont have the skill or ability to properly troubleshoot an electrical problem, (but i bet they do) then I wouldnt be takin it to em at all.

I would not worry about being an azz when you take it to the dealership. They are obligated to fix the bike, because it is under warranty. Sometimes being an azz is the only the only way to get things done.

All a good attitude will get you is mucked around alot more.

My local and nearby dealerships are incompetent, I got the same cr*p as Wayne, its your battery huh huh huh. Like I didn't try recharging it as opposed to coming in here and having your snot nosed 18yo apprentices scratch their heads circling my bike coz they have never seen whats underneath a Hayabusa fairing. The only reason I was there was to collect on my warranty, otherwise I would have changed out the rectifier myself. One mechanic I was speaking to had no idea regarding the cam chain setup.
My first service 1,000klm (600mls), the dealer not only couldn't find the electrical problem even after I told him what it was. Charged me $230 and did nothing except change the oil filter(only coz I put a scratch in the old one, to be sure it was changed), he left the filthy old oil in it & sent me on my way. Big list of things on the job sheet & none of them were done, didn't even grease the chain.

Have faith in your Suzuki dealer >>> I DONT THINK SO !!!!

P.S > Tell them to call you when the part comes in & you'll bring it back then. Dont leave it there, the apprentices will use it to collect the lunches for the the boyz !!

Last edited:
hayazuki, sometimes you HAVE to demand your money back if they don't fix the problem. I just took my 05 F-150 in for a tune up... they broke all 8 plugs off in the heads and wanted to charge me $1500 for the tune up plus labor for extracting the plugs. Since I bought the truck as recently as January, I told them if they wanted to charge me for piss poor service on their mechanic's part, I would just reach in the glove box, sign the title over to them, and they could just give me all my money back. They quickly lowered the bill down to $851.71! So, you tell me... in my experience, that approach works. It lets them know that you won't take any BS from them and you know what the heck you're talking about. They depend on the OTHER 99% of the world being suckers. It's US 1% that keep them in check.

This.

My 08' had less than 100 miles and I had to have it replaced. At least mention it to them. If they acknowledge that it's a possibility, then you should be on the right track. If they pretend like they know nothing about it, I would find another dealer.

Back