my foot. this is just unbelievable.

jch364

Registered
I had to share this little story. Let me know if anyone else has had this happen. Its so frakn bizarre. ok. so first as a disclaimer i will admit that i am 46. ok. Now thats not old ok. anyways. so like in september of last year i started running on the treadmill again trying to get back into some shape after dealing with some bad lung issues for the last year. after a while I noticed that my right foot really started to hurt around the big toe joint and second toe joint. I just figured i needed better shoes. so i go buy some good ones and nope, still hurt. after about 3 months i couldnt stand it anymore and quit running. then realized i was limping all the time. my foot hurt all the time and it was getting worse. finally went to the dr and got an mri and low and behold i have arthritis in my right toe that was causing the pain and that caused me to start walking kinda pigeon toed and didnt even know it. that caused me to develop a stress fracture in my second toe....

so now, im off work sick for the last week and will prob be off for 1 or prob 2 more weeks wearing a frakn boot thing on my right leg that immobilizes my right foot so i cant bend the ankle. walking around or i should say hobbling around. I got some special inserts being made which is supposed to correct my gate, or walking so i dont favor my right foot but that doesnt seem like that will get rid of the pain. if this does not work the dr told me that replacement joint surgery will prob need to be done on the toe.
???.
I never in a million years would have thought of this kind of thing happening to me. I mean, my back. sure i got issues there but my toe????

thats just nuts.... on the lighter side of it. every time someone asks me why i am wearing the boot i tell them i injured my foot by shoving it up my sons butt for not doing his chores or something.
thought about using my wife in the story but i think she is already using strychnine in my food anyway so i dont want to aggravate her anymore ..:laugh:

Is this not odd? Anyone else have this sort of thing happen?:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am 47 and have had weird stuff happen to my feet.

I have had gout, it usually starts in your big toe and swells up your whole foot, worst pain I ever had.

My bunions on my feet hurt every once in a wile, and the doc said I might have a case of arthritis also.

I never had aches and pains five years ago, now it seems like I have them quit often.

I have been smoke and alcoholic free since Nov.1st which is a good thing.

Just for the heck of it, tell your doctor you want your uric acid level checked. Do you consume much alcohol or red meats? Google "Gout symptoms" and see what you think.

yeah def have your doc check out your uric acid levels, mines high and i take meds for it found out the hard way with uric acid kidney stones....hope you get better, gotta be kinda hard to ride that bike with that foot in the boot...

see we get all sorts of info beyond bikes here...good info to look up dane!!

Your symptoms don't sound like gout. If you had gout, you wouldn't have been walking on that foot, let alone running. Two's anecdotal report is what I most often see with gout. Stress fractures suck, go slow and take it easy. :beerchug:

well an update on my foot. ive been off from work for 4 weeks. today is my first day back to work. I had to wear a special boot for 4 weeks to imobilize my foot. i got my shoe inserts now and i am wearing them. foot pain is better bet not gone away. hopefully progress will continue. It isnt gout that much i do know for sure. that is a good thing. appears to be osteoarthritis in the joint of the big toe. oh well. i have to admit that i was way ready to go back to work. cant believe i said that..:laugh:

I'm 46 and always have a pain somewhere.the funny thing is that the pain travels around my body! If my tennis elbow acts up my lower back is fine and vice-versa, then it's either my knee or shoulder. I learn to deal with it and find it somewhat humorous.

Get well.

I hope none of you EVER get Gout. Can kyou spell PAIN!!!!!!

+1000
Exactly what I was thinking when I was reading this.. Gout will do this same thing (joint in big toe). Man.... for weeks I thought I got bit by something till the Dr told me what I had. PAIN was unbelievable, like said.. could not even bend the ankle cause of the horrific pain. Definately don't look forward to future flare ups. Uric acid build up. They got some meds that help prevent flare ups but the side affects is worse (IMO) then just dealing w/ it for a week or two.

I finally went to the doctor at 19 after a couple of episodes of crawling around the floor of my apartment. Turned out I had gout at 19. I have a really high tolerance for pain, but gout will turn a grown man into a baby. The worst is when you get it in both feet at the same time. I have also had it in my wrists and hands. Guess I partied a little hard in my early days :whistle:

I keep indomethacin on hand in case of a flare up, especially when I'm on multi-day bike rides.

I now have to avoid sweet tea. Too much of it and I have problems bigtime. Also, drink lots of water and start exercising. Haven't had an instance since those little changes.

Back