Ok now I dont suck

roached

Registered
as bad:laugh: My buddy had access to a track for some testing and invited me out to play yesterday...hope my boss isnt on here lol. I'm working out of town but jumped at the chance so with no sleep I hauled but back to have some fun and learn some new skills. I showed up at the track at 8am and got to watch a few guys that are art in motion...just amazing to see in person. After my buddy completed some time they got me on a 250, a helmet with a headset and back to basics. before I knew it I was in a groove, the voice in my ear telling me what gear to be in and what rpms helped abit. So after allot of testing the water and shedding a little fear i was cranking the corners. I did 3 20 minute rounds on the 250 trying to stay out of the big boys way. Finally the voice said ok lets get the beast out there. It took longer to get comfortable, not sure how to describe the difference. The 250 was nearly on auto pilot in the corners, the busa took allot more of a "pull" (not sure of the word I'm looking for) to get through like I wanted. But eventually I got sorted and pretty comfortable and confident. After a few sessions my buddy got out with me on his ducatti and I ghosted him building speed as time went on. By the end of the day the knees were scratched, the bike was not and my chicken strips were gone:cheerleader:

All my previous bikes have been cruisers or 1/4 mile bikes so this has been a new experience....if anyone has any doubts about going to the track, do it! I will be going as often as I can now....thinking a beater 600 may be in the cards...thanks for all the advise here. Just what I needed yet another addiction!

pics coming soon

Last edited:
Sweet! Glad you had a good time!

In a scenario like yours, being on 'salary' always helps. :laugh:

Track Days are like crack, one you have a little sniff. Your hooked and bad. I'm glad that I wrench on my buddies track bikes. Then when he goes out he say "bring your gear." Best bang for your buck.......

I was bit by the bug 6 years ago!!!! It is definitly addicting. Before you know it you will have all the essentials for a track day. I have met alot of good friends at trackdays who have taught me alot. Pick yourself up a 600 and go have fun. 6 years now on the same 600 and the rush is still the same every time out on the track!!:beerchug:

Track days are the best, and it is addictive. There's nothing like showing yuppies at the local starbucks your peeling tires after a long hard good day at the track.

Back