OK MP3 Guru's

MoosesBusa

Former BusaHolic
Donating Member
Registered
Got a 1 gig MP3 player that accepts all different kinds of formats. When i got it i saw a file extension of "sayyousayme.j? Does this sound familiar to anybody? The entire song took up next to no space. I'm remembering something like 2K If that does not sound right, what music format offers good quality with the least amount of HD space?
Next question ias where will i find the Mp3 to your suggested file extension converter?

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122074156 -->

Nero offers an MP3Pro format.  Records 80kHz but sounds as good as 128kHz.

I keep 128kHz all the time.  The 1 gig player will fit a butt load of music (around 250 songs) on it no matter what.

I play a 512 player and think I have too much music...
laugh.gif

If you have nero, pm me and I can tell you more.

<!--EDIT|RamminBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122074688 -->

DENNIS!! WTF are you talking about?? LOL!!!

Stop by the house this weekend and talk to my daughter, she's the MP3 GURU and music download expert. Check out limewire.com. You should be able to get all you want from there as far as music all ready to go on your system???

I have her do everything, I just tell her what music I want
biggrin.gif

I've got 248 songs on it now but wanted to get around 500 on it. You never know when you're gonna get the urge to ride to Austin,TX to see your little sister and show her the bike you've been talking about for the past 10 months! I'd hate to hear the same song twice
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122083485 -->

RamminBusa... You were pretty dang close! I've got 248 songs taking up 999 megs on the MP3 Player!
Many Thanks to the people from LimeWire! I've got a list of about 50 more songs I will be getting tonight!
Still looking for a more compressed format ( if there are any) to get as much quality in the least amount of space. I wish i had never erased the test songs they put on the player before they shipped it! I listened to the song and it was very high quality but couldn't believe it only took up 2K!! Perhaps i'll ask the guy that sold it to me. I'm doubting he knows as he is a re-seller but it can't hurt right? if I do get an answer I'll post up.
Neil... I may take you up on it! May call ya Sat. afternoon ( 5 to 6 ish )

if you wanna play around with your mp3's i suggest a software called musicmatch jukebox 8.0 ... lets you do a lot of stuff
biggrin.gif
suggest you check it out

Mp3 format is high compression but it sacrifices quality to attain this small size.
I rip my cds(.wav) and change the format to Monkey audio. Monkey offers the highest compression with NO quality loss(still not nearly as small as mp3). Flac is another lossless format that some mp3 players support.
This free tool will do most everything you want to do with music.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

OGG is a good format if your player will take it. You can get the same compression as MP3 w/ less space, or as I do, reduce the compression (higher quality) for the same space as a 128k MP3.

Back