Ok digital cam people

ditchdr

Registered
Jess and I have been talking a lot here latley and we have our plans now. Once i am finished with Rn school we are gonna take 3 to 4 weeks a year ( hospitals give up to 5 weeks paid vacation a year) and travel the country on bikes. Take lots of pics and write short stories about our trips. Jess is somewhat of a shutter bug, but most of her work has been on 35mm film not digital media. I want ot be able ot take some good pics as well. Her b-day is comming up in 3 months so i think it wil be neat to get her a nice digital SLR cam.. I have looked at the Nikon D40X and have read a few reviews, does not seem to be a well ballanced cam.

I dont know much about the Cannn models, or any other.

So before going into a long drawn out ordeal here. Talk to me aobut nice Digital SLR cams. I figure if i can get a nice one for around 1K that will last 5 to 10 years I will be very happy. Oh and dont use to many indusrty talk, I will look at it like it was written in greek.

Thank folks

I don't know that much about cameras but you don't need 1K for a good camera, you can get really good ones nowadays for around $300. Heres some shots from mine, it's a point & shoot, 10 megs but only 4x opt zoom, they also have a 12.5 meg,6x opt zoom version I've been eyeballing.

8_12_06_031.JPG

From what I have been able to learn, Canon and Nikon are both good routes.. Canon lost out to me due to costs..

The D50/70 Nikons are exceptional (I have a D100) and they use most any nikon mount lens. You can get a good body starting at maybe $300-600 today plus a couple lens for about the same amount..

I think Captain has a D70? (replaced the D100 as I recall and a better option)

This is like the tire debate, plenty of people in both camps but both just ducky products.. cost was why I went Nikon and the real key to good shots is going to be to learn the camera. Not something to do while on vacation.

So if you want a DSLR, you better get busy
smile.gif

Back