oil loss problem

racingp

Registered
Hello,

Yesterday in my gsxr1000 turbo I saw that it was leaking oil from somewhere in the engine and today I saw that it was leaking oil from the cometic jc0001 head gasket, is this normal for this to happen, how could it have happened?

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-19 at 11.45.52 (1).jpeg

Boost puts additional pressure on head gaskets. Most likely you're going to have to pull the head and change it. Use a top quality gasket and make sure everything is torqued correctly.

you can try re torquing the head and verified non of the hardware got loose. you can check coolant to see if you getting oil in there and add some oil dye to verify it’s coming from there before you pull head off. gasket could have gone bad, boost can lift the head off the cylinder during high boost, multiple reason could be the issue. you could try taking the head torque to the top of the torque spec range to see if that helps. are you using a head stud kit?

Those Cometic gaskets like a certain finish on the sealing surfaces as well... If it isn't correct, they will leak a little oil like that.

Back