Oil feed line on RCC turbo, use telflon tape?

stepaukob

Registered
The pic on instructions look as though telflon tape (or something of the sort) was used but it's not suggested in the instructions.

Also looks like it was used on the fuel rail inserts too.

Telflon tape ok and should I use it?

BTW
Kit is labeled nicely and welds look great.

Last edited:
I've always preferred PTFE paste over the tape in any application where a small piece of the tape may get into the line and block a passage (Oil, nitrous, fuel etc.). Just my opinion. You don't need anything on AN or JIC fittings.

Looks like a paste was used on the NPT fitting. Guess it's a good idea to use it on any/all NPT fittings.

I did read on another installation people suggested if/when using tape you should avoid using any on the first few threads to avoid contamination. Guess it's common sense.

Looks like a paste was used on the NPT fitting. Guess it's a good idea to use it on any/all NPT fittings.

I did read on another installation people suggested if/when using tape you should avoid using any on the first few threads to avoid contamination. Guess it's common sense.
It's always a good plan on all NPT fittings.:thumbsup: Keep in mind that common sense isn't always very common....:whistle:

The pic on instructions look as though telflon tape (or something of the sort) was used but it's not suggested in the instructions.

Also looks like it was used on the fuel rail inserts too.

Telflon tape ok and should I use it?

BTW
Kit is labeled nicely and welds look great.

No teflon tape or paste on the oil feed line, the fitting for the block has a washer that seals it up, the only fiting to put some paste on is the 90 degree fitting, put some paste on the NPT side only, the hose is a -3 and seals against the flare.

Richard

Last edited:
Back