Oil Cooler Removal

Terrydlm

Registered
I have a 2005 Hayabusa engine which i don't want to use an oil cooler with. This engine will be fitted to my racing car & i don't need the oil cooler. Should i just blank off the oil cooler ports or should i just connect one port to another with a piece of hose ?

you can block the case ( I use a 1/4 npt tap and plug or you can buy plates) but you need to remove the plug that is behind the oil filter

So is the oil cooler not required then? Why is it there?

I'd like to remove mine too but was afraid this would not be good for the engine.

Any advise?

I am not using mine as i will only be doing short runs i.e. 60 seconds flat out. The oil cooler is extra weight & something else to potentially go wrong/leak.

It is isn't needed remove it !

So is the oil cooler not required then?  Why is it there?

I'd like to remove mine too but was afraid this would not be good for the engine.

Any advise?
If you remove the oil cooler, the oil temp. may increase a few degrees, but won't hurt anything... Keep in mind engine temp. and oil temp. are different... YOu have an engine temp. gauge, not an oil temp. gauge on your bike and the engine temp. will not reflect the oil temp.

My 2 cents...

I have gone turbo and was forced to remove mine, but on the other hand, if I didn't HAVE to remove it, I wouldn't... When ever you start modifying things, there are always unexpected consequences sometimes... I would keep it unless you had a good reason to get rid of it. If you forgot the oil reducer mentioned above for example, you could be in for a very expensive repair bill and therefore would be regretting the mod later...

CLoud

Back