Oil & Coolant

Alex08

Registered
Is there a best method for checking the oil window? I sat on it and had the wife check, but would like to check before each ride. I put the kickstand on a wood block but if its just a little short of center oil will notshow in window.
Also where is coolant window on left side. I looked briefly while removing stickers the other day and did not see it.

I think you need to be an octopus and cyclops to do it. Hardest darn bike I have ever had check. If youhave a set of stands and a nice level place it works best for me.

I think you need to be an octopus and cyclops to do it. Hardest darn bike I have ever had check. If youhave a set of stands and a nice level place it works best for me.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Is there a best method for checking the oil window?
Bike stands (front and rear) are your friend....

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Also where is coolant window on left side. I looked briefly while removing stickers the other day and did not see it.[/quote]

The coolant level window is inside the right inner cowling (adjacent to the right fork leg). The "window" is merely a fairing cutout that allows you to see the green coolant through the white overflow reservoir.

stands are you friend for this... the only time you should have to check is when you do an oil change unless you are leaking/burning oil for some reason

It's not really that hard to hold the bike upright and still view the site glass yourself.

I hold the grip and front brake with my right hand and hold it vertical and neal down on my left knee and check it.

Thanks for the info. Have a rear stand, but will have to get a front. I will first try holding upright and checking.

Although for servicing the chain I really must get me one of those aforementioned stands. I've never had one before so what does a guy start to look for when buying one?

Just do a search on this site and you will see a number of forums on rear stands (and front).
A sponsor of this site appears to have a good one
http://www.redlinestands.com/
The other one you see when doing a search is
http://www.pit-bull.com/

You will need to get 8mm spools for the rear stand. I have an older one that does not support the big busa, and think the Redline is the way to go.

Back