OIL CHANGING ?? HERE

BAD BUSA 05

Registered
i was just wondering if someone could tell me what is the easiest way to get the oil filter off my 05 Busa.it takes me about a hour and a half to change the oil in this thing.the problem i have is that it's hard to get the filter off.i can't seem to get nothing on it to turn it.so i have to use the old screw driver trick on it.and then i have to try and turn it the rest of the way off with my hand.i use a fram oil filter on it.is the filter too long or is it the same as a suzuki filter or what? someone please give me some tips.thanks guys

get the oil filter tool that fits your bike. its pretty tight but you can get a 3/8 ratchet on the tool and itll come right off. i had the same problem.

I use large adjustable pliers that will go around the entire thing. I bought the piece that fits over the filter to use with a ratchet but I can't get the ratchet in to use it...what a waste.

I use large adjustable pliers that will go around the entire thing.  I bought the piece that fits over the filter to use with a ratchet but I can't get the ratchet in to use it...what a waste.
yeah i have that piece for the ratchet as well and it won't even think of going on there.can you post a pic of of the pliers you use on yours? thanks

I use large adjustable pliers that will go around the entire thing. I bought the piece that fits over the filter to use with a ratchet but I can't get the ratchet in to use it...what a waste.
yeah i have that piece for the ratchet as well and it won't even think of going on there.can you post a pic of of the pliers you use on yours? thanks
slip joint pliers...

pliers2.gif

basiclly you use channel locks right?? i thought it was a set for an oil filter.i didn't think regular channel locks would work
dunno.gif

If you remove the plastic peice on the bottom directly behind the front wheel, it will give you a straight shot to the filter. You can fit a round filter wrench and use a 6in, extention and ratchet. I usually use the K&N with the 17mm nut head, this really helps!

In re: "I usually use the K&N with the 17mm nut head, this really helps!"

It makes the job (very) easy, on or off.

I use large adjustable pliers that will go around the entire thing.  I bought the piece that fits over the filter to use with a ratchet but I can't get the ratchet in to use it...what a waste.
I Just Put a 17mm Wrench (Box End)on the End of the "Piece" for the Ratchet and That Works Good.
thumb_up.gif

I bought the filter wrench from suzuki that fits over the end of the filter and use a standard wrench to loosen. I also use the same wrench to tighten the filter up as the manual calls for two complete turns after filter makes contact with the block. If you use pliers do you use them to install the filter or just hand tighten?

If you use pliers do you use them to install the filter or just hand tighten?
I can never hand tighten them enough so I use the pliers. You have to be very careful with them, however, and only squeeze on them JUST enough to get it to turn. Otherwise, you could damage the filter.

The end wrench is the best way if you have enough room in there.

--Wag--

I bought the filter wrench from suzuki that fits over the end of the filter and use a standard wrench to loosen. I also use the same wrench to tighten the filter up as the manual calls for two complete turns after filter makes contact with the block. If you use pliers do you use them to install the filter or just hand tighten?
Yep---that's exactly what I do. I do have to say that 2 full turns to tighten it seems just so much. Much more than my cars & truck. BUT, if that's what the manual calls for then I do it!

imo, just use the K&N filter with the 17mm nut. the K&N filter is a better filter then stock, FRAM, ect.. plus the 17mm nut is something they should have on EVERY filter.

Wish I would've seen this thread a long time ago. I unscrewed my oil cooler line just to get to my filter and then when I put it back on and started it, I guess it moved too close to the exhaust pipes and they burned a small hole through it. Had to JB weld the hole. Pretty embarrassing when you're sitting at a red light and there's smoke coming from your bike because of burning oil.

it's about time to change my oil again,i believe i'll try the K&N filter this time tho.and i wanted to ask something i didn't ask when i posted this thread.does me having a 4 into 1 exhaust with header and all on my bike makeing it hard for me to get my filter off? or does even stock headers give the same problems?

Back