Oil Change

I think the question is based on what type of riding do you do? Track? Aggressive? Street commuting?

The more aggressive you ride, the more often you should change your oil. I forgot what the good book says to do, but I'm planning on every 4k miles or so

Yea it depend on where you ride too I live in the country area so somtimes im on alot of dirt roads, I'll change it more often.

CHANGE IT EVERY 3000. AFTER YOUR FIRST 1000 MILES ON IT I WOULD SUGGUST SYNTHETIC OR A BLEND.
Jon (Loomis).

sytnth blend at every 2000 miles here... i'm not an aggressive rider by any means and i've noticed that anything more than 2000 miles the oil starts looking a bit to black for my taste... I also dont change the oil filter every time... i change it every other time.

I change mine about every 3000 miles, but I run full synthetic. Though expensive, my oil of choice is Silkolene Pro 4 Plus.

I change the filter every oil change.

hello.gif

ya know if you ride an older harley, you do not have to do oil changes... they just have a steady leak and you keep'er full... (Hillbilly road oilers)

Back