Oil Alternative Please HELP!

Shaft

Registered
Hey guys, I know we've been beating this topic to a bloody pulp! But i got a prob. I live in a small town and about 2 hours away from any major city, so oil supply is limited in the form for brands and weights.

I have been using Mobil1 15W-50 full synthetic in my busa for a while now and love it. But I can't get this anymore! very frustrating.

can I use 5W-50? any draw backs on this? what else do you guys recommend for readily available automotive oils?

Shell Rotella...Wally World...
Yep, just put Shell Rotella-T Full Syn 5W-40 in last weekend for the first time...get CJ-4 not CI-4 if they have it. CJ-4 has a lower ash content.

From WallyWorld...$16.00 for 1 gallon.

ShellRotella.jpg

nice, sounds like a good alternative, how often u guys dumping your oil? how much of a difference is 5W-40 from the 15W-50 I've been using? am I going to experience oil burning with a lighter oil?

nice, sounds like a good alternative, how often u guys dumping your oil? how much of a difference is 5W-40 from the 15W-50 I've been using? am I going to experience oil burning with a lighter oil?
Every 3,000-3,500 miles for me. change my oil filter every time as well...either K&N or stock filter.

Just looked at my local wally's they don't have that exact rotella. Only 15W-40 Diesel and it wasn't synthetic. so I didn't go with it. The rotella you guys are showing is a 5W-40 synthetic. So wouldn't the Mobile 1 5W-50 full synthetic suffice as well? Any fram filters work on our bikes?

Back