Ohlins Suspension for the Hayabusa

sherm

Registered
e-mail exchange with Nethelands Ohlins
distributor:

>I don't see anything listed for the Hayabusa. Does Ohlins make them and,
>if so, what are the part numbers and price?
>Thankyou.
>Sherm Gallay
>

Good morning
Yes we do
SU 841 46 PRCS(shock) price - US $ 786 frontfork springs - US $ 114
Shipping to US - US $ 26

ordering by e mail or fax
Payment Visa/Mastercard
Like to hear from you again

Kindest regards,
Rina kroon
Wim Kroon Import e-mail Wim.Kroon.Import@inter.NL.net
tel 31 485 453911
fax 31 485 454848

Ohlins site: www.ohlins.nl

[This message has been edited by sherm (edited 13 October 1999).]

Good score Sherm, that is below dealer cost in the US. That shock is about $850 dealer and about $1100 retail.

Who is the carrier UPS, Fed EX, or ?????
Who is selecting the carrier?
Where is the final destination marked on the package(which airport)?

Did any body mention Customs to you and the fact that you have to pay duty and you may need a customs broker. Be careful or your shock could sit in a US customs facility for a couple months if the paperwork is not filled out properly.

I have learned about this fun stuff while importing Hayabusa products from other countries. Once your transaction has cleared and the stuff is on its way, the person you sent your money to could care less about you and your parts sitting in customs. Shipping instructions are very specific, I went to a broker and he set me straight. It is NOT like buying product from a US company. BE CAREFUL!

Sherm if you need some info email me.

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 13 October 1999).]

I think i would look at a penske shock, they will build exactly what you want. Or do a RACE TECH set up, gold valving front and rear to your weight. I have a race tech service center down the street from my house and the guy is super. People ship stuff in from everywhere to them!

You also pay a fee to the credit card for the money exchange fee

KawAbuser, I didn't have any answers to the questions you asked so I sent another e-mail to Kroon. Here is the exchange:

Sherm: Thank you for your reply. If I order direct from you will I have to pay customs duties in the US? If so, do you know how much
the duties are?

Kroon:no

Sherm: What is your shipping method, air , surface, UPS, etc?

Kroon:what you prefer but we
have good experience by PTT (postman)
Like to hear from you again.

Kindests regards,
Rina Kroon

Öhlins is a swedish company based is Upplands Väsby about 30 km from where a live. Here is the adress from the local phonebook:

Öhlins Racing AB
Instrumentvägen 8-10 Box 722
194 27 Upplands Väsby

Telephone: +46 8 590 880 30
Order: +46 8 590 880 40
Fax: +46 8 590 882 17

I'll be ordering my Ohlins in the morning, brand new $688. Don't ask, this is a one time deal, and no I can't say where I'm getting it
(racer discount -20% dealer cost).

After I install it, I will let you know how it rides.

Bad news on my shock, I had it in my hand for about 5 minutes today. I was all excited on getting it installed and while reading the instructions I wondered why they kept talking about a BMW this, BMW that.......Yep you are right, it was the wrong shock. An OSBM841 instead of OSU841.

Guess the packing person screwed the pooch on this one. I'll have a new one next week.

[This message has been edited by jeffw (edited 21 October 1999).]

The Ohlins I bought had a hydraulic preload to adjust sag, but no ride height adjuster. The Ohlins + linkage is taller than stock, I wondered if you had another ride height setup.

The Busa Ohlins with ride height adjustment are one offs from PPS. About $1,250

The Penske offers all of the adjustments but no Hydraulic preload for a little less money than the PPS special Ohlins.

I checked with a good guy on the R1 Forum who has bought Ohlins stuff from Wm Kroon in the Netherlands. Here are his comments:

"I just paid the price that they told me via e-mail. Just ask for the price,
including shipping. Your receipt comes in some funky monetary units, but when you get your VISA bill, it's right-on. They don't BS you - good operation. I did all my transactions via e-mail, including sending my credit card info, etc.... So far I have bought a damper for my R1 and a shock for my
F2."

[This message has been edited by sherm (edited 12 November 1999).]

Back