Ohlins on 08 Busa

budda1

Registered
The teknoligi freak I am make me think of Ohlins forks and rear shok.Anyone who has theese and can tell do they make the road bumps go away ?

The stock chassi components on the Busa are very good so there will not be a major difference by switching to Ohlin stuff for normal driving. You can increase the comfort quite a bit on the Busa by just tuning stock components, like e.g. reducing the front preload some. The situation is the same for Ohlin's shock, you have to make a trade off between comfort and handling performances and adjust accordingly.

I've followed the recommended settings on Comparison Test - 2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 And Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa - Big Numbers - Sport Rider Magazine It made the bike noticeable more comfy without killing the handling.

If you test a real old bike like e.g. an early 1990 CBR 1000 F you will find it to be ultra comfy in respect to eat road bumps vs. the Busa 08. But such bike handles quite bad when you begin to push it and would benefit a LOT with Ohlin stuff compared to the new Busa.

You'll find no noticeable difference for street riding in the low end Ohlins forks & shock as far as comfort goes. Actually, IMO the suspension you have is as good or better than the low end Ohlins stuff.

Actually the Stock Suspension on your K8 is not to shabby. With a little fine tuning it will perform very well. Of course the springs are the big issue if you are a heavyweight. And the rebound damping on both forks and shock leaves a little to be desired but it works quite well.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on Ohlins Suspension unless I had the ability to over ride the stock suspension.

Back