Ohlins Dampner Question

BigSimp

Donating Member
Registered
Hey so a litte while ago I was on here and asked about the ohlins dampner that would mount in the stock location, I went out and ordered one but the instructions says it mounts on the top clamp. Did I order the wrong one, or do I need to modify the unit to fit in the stock location.

here is what the unit looks like:
mc_SD_R_T.jpg

and mounted it looks like

107584-steering-dampner-bdaypresents_003.jpg

bigdiesel and charlesbusa told me about the one for the stock location. If I can recall charlesbusa even said he has his located in the stock position.

Why would you want it in the stock location then it defeats the purpose of you being able to adjust it when you need to on the fly

Where did you order from?

Did the ohlins damper come with a mouting kit??
The mounting kit in the picture looks like it mounts right to the bolts from the gas tank and probably under the steering head nut there by the triple clamp

yeah thats the kit that I currently have, the problem is that I have a Roland Sands Top Clamp, so I cant mount anything in that location, I have already paid for the unit so I was trying to make it work rather than having to send it back and hope to get a refund.

Roland_Sands_Assault_325.jpg

hey-glad my pic came in handy *but its actually on backwerds in that pic:laugh: Im a 'tard n mounted it with the knob on the wrong side-read the instructions wrong.*:moon:

Back